Obama US general sacked after Afghan comments

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

A US general has been sacked after slamming Afghan leaders as out of touch and ungrateful for American support in an interview, NATO and the US military today.

Major General Peter Fuller, deputy commander of the NATO training mission in Afghanistan for allied forces, has been relieved "effective immediately" a day after the publication of his "inappropriate public comments," the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said in a statement.

"These unfortunate comments are neither indicative of our current solid relationship with the Government of Afghanistan, its leadership, or our joint commitment to prevail here in Afghanistan," said the commander of US and NATO troops in Afghanistan, US General John Allen.

Defence Secretary Leon Panetta fully backed the decision, spokesman Captain John Kirby told AFP.

"The secretary has full trust and confidence in Gen Allen's judgment with respect to his decision in this case," Capt Kirby said in an email.

In an interview published by the Politico news website on Thursday, Gen Fuller said that Afghan leaders he had met with were "isolated from reality" and did not fully appreciate the sacrifices in "treasure and blood" that the United States was making for the country.

He said a senior Afghan official had asked for the delivery of US tanks just so they could be used for parades, and heaped scorn on Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

Referring to Mr Karzai's recent remarks that Afghanistan would side with Pakistan in a war against the United States, Gen Fuller said: "Why don't you just poke me in the eye with a needle! You've got to be kidding me -- I'm sorry, we just gave you $11.6 billion and now you're telling me, 'I don't really care?'"

Gen Fuller added: "When they are going to have a presidential election, you hope they get a guy that's more articulate in public."

His comments reflected the frustration privately expressed by many US officers and civilian officials with Karzai and his corruption-plagued government.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...ts/story-e6frfku0-1226186441843#ixzz1cmuXn5BF
  2. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

How can anyone back this insane war. Am I the only one who realizes we are backing people who don't care about us, will never truly be our ally and are only using us for what they can get out of the American people.

I wonder how much of our taxpayer money is lining the pockets of the corrupt government officials in Afghanistan? They must laugh at our stupidity every day.

Lets get out of that sh*&hole NOW.
  3. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i disagree that we should pull out of afghanistan. what we should do is take the kid gloves off.

we can't make them love us, so let's make them fear us.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

This is what the world needs. Its coming.

Attached Files:

• f.jpg
      f.jpg
      File size:
      6.5 KB
      Views:
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  6. langenc

langenc Member

About 1/3 of our nat debt has been given to countries that hate us and will stab us.

BUT we keep doing the same dumb stuff. I think that is by definition==insanity.
  7. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

That's what Herman Cain says, support your friends and quit giving to your enemies! Our foreign policy is very screwed up right now!
  8. vytoland

vytoland New Member

the greed and stupidity in government needs to end NOW!!!
  9. Songman

Songman Member

Just cutting out foreign aid to countries that hate us would be huge... Do you realize that we still send foreign aid to China!?! After all we owe them from loans, we are sending aid to their country! Ridiculous!

Cain has 9-9-9. I just have three steps to get us started:
    1. Stop sending money all over the world! We don't have it!
    2. Stop supporting people too sorry to work in this country.
    3. Quit letting people here illegally continue draining our system.

Those are the big three to get us started. After that is all in place, then we go after all the wasteful spending in Congress.
  10. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

They fire this man and let Holder remain as the AG. Here we go, hell in a handbasket.
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Speaking of "corruption-plagued government" makes me wonder how many US officers and civilian officials have looked homeward lately.

Pops
  12. Python

Python Former Guest

Being that our government is Of the people, By the people , and For the people, we would cease to exist as a nation if the greed & stupidity were to end NOW.
  13. ofitg

ofitg New Member

As it was explained to me, officers up through the rank of bird colonel are regular military, but generals are a separate class - nobody gets a star without being scrutinized by Congress.

In Gen. Fuller's case, it appears that the political vetting process wasn't quite thorough enough. Instead of participating in the political circle-jerk, he had the audacity to say what he really believed.