1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Obama Wants to do Away with Secret Ballot for Union Organizing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaddleSarge, Mar 6, 2009.

1. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Join the 55,262 people who have signed the petition.

We, therefore, petition the U.S. Congress to ensure that every worker has the right to a secret ballot when deciding whether to organize a union, as well as the right to ratify the contract terms of their employment, rather than be forced to accept a contract through binding arbitration.

Otherwise, we're just going back to the days of union thugs organizing through force and fear. I am not anti-union, but why are they afraid to have a secret ballot to organize or not? I signed the petition. Hope many of you will consider it.....
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Who says extortion isn't sanctioned by the Government?.. This makes me extremely mad!!! :mad:

I'd just like to say a big thank you to the moron who is going to put more rights into the hands of those who have destroyed our domestic auto industry!... :rolleyes:
  3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Unions have done a great service to this country in the past but have not been very good for our country the past 40-50 years. To do away with the secret ballot is an assault on the free choice of the American Worker. Obama just as well make it mandatory for all US citizens to belong to a union. This act will pretty much accomplish that task.
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

+1
  5. RonRdRcr

RonRdRcr New Member

6. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I'll just cast my vote as "present".

obama voted that way over 130 times. :D
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Gun Hugger, What is the blue flag with white star in your avatar? Forgive my ignorance, I've seen it before but never knew what it represented.
  8. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

It the Bonnie Blue flag. It's history goes back to the early 1800's, but it was used signify secession at the start of the first Civil War. The problem is...it also looks alot like the flag of Somalia.

On January 9, 1861 the convention of the People of Mississippi adopted an Ordinance of Secession. With this announcement the Bonnie Blue flag was raised over the capitol building in Jackson. Harry McCarthy was so inspired that he wrote a song entitled "The Bonnie Blue Flag" which became the second most popular patriotic song of the Confederacy. The Confederate government did not adopt this flag but the people did and the lone star flags were adopted in some form in five of the southern States that adopted new flags in 1861.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Thank you so much for this info. Now I understand why I've seen this more often these days.
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The Nazis had a labor organization that all German workers were REQUIRED to join. It was called the Labor Front. It did not allow the workers to strike or give them any form of redress for greivances. It just forced the workers to work harder for the employer and to pay dues each week for the priviledge of being a member. Now one arm of the Labor Front was called Strength through Joy, which gave workers cheap, state subsidized vactions to take their mind off work, at least for a short time. This is just Barry's first step in nationalizing the entire labor system in this country so the gov't can control industry and the workers.

Seig Heil!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edit: Everytime I hear about one of Barry's new ideas, I seem to be able to find that very same idea, or some derivative of it, in the book "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich." hmmmm...must be a coincidence :p
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009