Obama warns 'unelected' Supreme Court

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nffritos, Apr 2, 2012.

1. nffritos

nffritos Active Member

2. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Judicial activism, what a bizzare thing for a very left, liberal president to worry about. One would think that the judiciary making laws would please him almost as much as his ability to executive order them. Of course at the moment it does not appear to be a decision he agrees with.
  3. 56Python

56Python New Member

It appears that our Anti-Gun President has fired the first shot at the Supreme Court since his first State of The Union Speech.

Did just one of the four Liberal Justices leak or all 4?
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  4. musclehead

musclehead New Member

you can't always read the writing on the wall from the 3 days of oral arguements, but it really didn't seem to go well at all for the prez.

June is a long ways off, we'll find out then.
  5. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I would hazard a guess that Sotomayor and Kagan were in Dear Leaders private chambers delivering a report. I worry about the conservative justices health. Seriously, I don't put anything past them.
  6. 56Python

56Python New Member

He could issue an Executive Order and increase the size of the Court to 12 members.
    Let’s see … Rohm Emanuel, Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright and Hilary Clinton.

Roosevelt pondered it.

How's that for a nightmare?
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Executive orders pertain only to the Executive Branch of the government. They are an administrative thing, the same as when I tell one of my employees to go clean the bathroom.

Now, the Executive Branch has enough power that these orders can cause huge damage to the liberties of the people, but changing the makeup of the Supreme Court requires an act of Congress.
  8. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    But does he REALLY want to take on the Supreme Court? How hard would it be for them to revisit his birth certificate issue and declare him ineligible for office?
  9. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Just remembering that at one time, the Joint Chiefs sent a reminder to all military commands that valid orders would come through the military chain of command and that no offical, regardless of title, could issue orders directly to a military unit.

No names or titles were mentioned.

Jim
  10. 56Python

56Python New Member

How many men under arms does The Supreme Court Command? What Division of Federal Law Enforcement is not controlled by the WH? Who is the Commander in Chief of the Military. How many members of the Federal Police Force, Obama promised while campaigning, have already been hired? Why has Homeland Security placed orders for 450 Million rnds of 40 cal in addition to the millions of rnds of .223?

He scares me and I’m not afraid of anything.
  11. 56Python

56Python New Member

When has he been stopped by the restrains of the Constitution?

I just hope that the Military and LE have more respect for their Oath of Office and The Constitution than Obama has.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  12. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    How many of those took an oath of allegiance to him or his office? How many of them took an oath of allegiance to the Constitution?

The checks and balances in our Constitution work, just not right away.
  13. armoredman

armoredman New Member

So do appointments, but he demonstrated he doesn't care about limitations. Don't forget his own words, "I can't wait for Congress!" Whatever he will do, it will be soon.
  14. trespoe

trespoe New Member

And don't forget the willing accomplices in the media, who will act like it is his right and duty to do whatever he feels fit to do.
  15. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Don't kid yourself. If he gives and order to the LEO Community or the Military it WILL be followed. Constitutional or not.
    I have a few friends and acquaintances that are LEO and Military. I have asked them if they would follow an Unconstitutional order or risk their careers and pensions and refuse that order. Most of them said they are not Lawyers and do not make the Law, just enforce it. Yes, they will follow orders until they are ordered not to.