Obama waves the White Flag

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 22WRF, Sep 17, 2009.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Wasn't there a 'little problem' 40-something years ago with the response regarding our placing missles in someone's backyard? LOL!
  3. momo

momo Former Guest

I'm glad this fool wasn't in charge at the Alamo!
  4. navis128

navis128 New Member

Polland gets screwed again!
  5. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I'm glad this fool wasn't in charge at the Alamo!

That didn't turn out too well, either!
  6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Interesting timing. I wonder if Barry is being subtle in trying to give the Russians a message.:rolleyes: I know he's giving a message to everyone that hates us:mad::mad::mad:
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Did we get anything in return except scre**d.
  8. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Yep we did, we got happy Russians, Chinese, N Koreans and Iranians :mad::mad::mad:
  9. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Translation in Russian......"we democrats are a weak minded people, take what you want my good comrad Vladamir".
  10. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

He made the right choice, unfortunately Bush had made the wrong one by promising it in the first place. Most experts agreed that the shield wouldn't even work- I don't want my tax dollars going for that. It would be a horrible upset to the balance of power in the world and looking at it from a completely rational standpoint it is easy to understand the frustrations (would we be happy if Russia was putting a missile defense shield in Canada?).

But maybe I have just been reading too much Kissinger :D.
  11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

You mean the guy that's been helping to push the one global government crap that the UN is spewing and was also in favor of friendly relations with many military dictatorships in South America Not to mention that Kissinger is a member of the Trilateral Commission:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  12. artabr

artabr New Member

They don't need to. They already have one 50 miles from Alaska. Just saying. ;) :D

Art
  13. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

this is real interesting. Russia wants the eastern block. Remember those missles they moved 24 hours after Barry was elected? Keep in mind Putan has rewritten history recently to praise Stalin. Still wondering why? I just want to know who the fed loaned out 1 1/2 trillion dollars to while we borrow money from china. Put your thinking caps on fellas.
  14. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

Two points,

The "experts" can't agree at all on this. Every one of them has a different opinion. The actual fire testing over the pacific has had mixed results. Last I heard they were running about 50/50, but improving.

The system as it was planned is no threat to Russia. It only had the capability of dealing with a small number of missiles at a time. Even if they had a 100% kill rate, Russia could overwhelm the system with sheer volume.

I hear a "breaking news" report this morning that NATO had proposed that Russia be tied into the system.
  15. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Good points, despite some of the 'boiler-plate' responses to the contrary.

Counter point, if I may:
    Installing a defense (loosely termed) system that is known to be only 50% functional at this time does not seem prudent.

Unnecessarily provoking enemies at this time (esp with THIS president) doesn't seem to be the best move for our country.

Would like to see the 'breaking news' in which NATO suggests adding Russia into the system. Do you have a link, db? Thanks!