Obama's Assault On Religion

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by hogger129, Feb 14, 2012.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I don't know if this should be posted here or in the Politically Incorrect Forum, but how do you guys feel about Obama and his boys forcing institutions associated with or run by the Catholic Church to provide coverage for contraceptives?

As a Catholic, I can admit that my church has held onto some strange beliefs, such as way back when Galileo was around and they attacked science because it went against the beliefs of the church.

BUT, my point is why should people who object to contraceptives based on religious grounds, be forced to provide health coverage for it? Isn't that a violation of their religious freedom?

I'm not one of those Catholics who objects to contraceptives like a condom or birth control pills, but there are Catholics who DO object to them and they should not be forced to support it. My reasoning for not objecting to it is because I don't think we should legislate what people do in their bedroom and if they want to have a little fun, they should be able to, but normally people exercise a little bit of responsibility and if they don't want to have and support a child, they should use a condom or the BC pill. Waaaaay better than having an abortion.

We don't have laws that make Muslims take off their burqas. We don't have laws which force Jewish people to eat pork products. Why should we have a law which forces Catholic institutions to pay for contraceptives?

Not to mention, forcing any insurance provider to cover this results in them raising the prices of premiums to offset the cost. So much for "affordable healthcare." Another Obama lie.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. Python

Python Former Guest

Just another attempt to dictate and control.
  3. One Shot

One Shot Active Member

What more should we expect from a party that intends to destroy the constitution.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

all part of the plan ... FBI caught on to it in the late 50's told everyone too ..

seems no-one listened or remembers
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Hogger, I'm not a Roman catholic but I support the church on this 100%. There is no way that ANY health care provider that objects to certain procedures and treatments as a matter of conscience, should be forced to administer them. Obama's head is getting bigger by the minute. He's beginning to make me think he is a true megalomaniac. He can only push people just so far before he'll have a revolution on his hands. And DHS can quote me.
  6. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Was listening to Mike Huckabee yesterday discuss this and he seems to think Obummer has really screwed himself on this one. Mike believes it was the Catholic Church that squeaked out the victory for him last election and now he wont be able to count on them at all. What was even worse was expecting denominational supported clinics and hospitals to perform abortions......these provide quality health care to the community and many times write off debt for those who cannot afford to pay and our wonderful commander in chief wants to force them to perform abortions? Why cant they go somewhere else for them? I had to drive 2.5 hours for a surgery last month because nobody did it locally......wonder how stupid he would look if every St Mary, Baptist memorial or Methodist hospital closed the doors due to this?
  7. One Shot

One Shot Active Member

He might look stupid to us, but he would be a hero to the humanists.
  8. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Obama has to go! Between now and election day I fear he will continue to reshape America every way he can because he probably knows he is on is way out!
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

Attached Files:

10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Obie is way outta line. Again. :rolleyes:

Barring workplace safety and price fixing, the fed has no place in dictating what a company does.

You can't force a Dr. to prescribe the abortion pill, or a pharmacist to provide it. :mad:

As a worker, you have the right to get other insurance. You'll likely pay much more for it, but it is your choice.

This is just a step in accepting ObieCare.

My question is; Why is it free? Love and forgiveness are the only things in life that are free. Everything else comes with a cost. It may be free to you, but the rest of us pay for it. If ya don't wanna get preggers, keep yer legs closed. :mad:

Try bringing that up in a debate. :eek:

Obie has to go.
  11. Python

Python Former Guest

Around October or November sound about right? ;)
  12. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Obama appeared to cave in to pressure on this one, and changed the policy from the employer paying for these to the insurance company paying for these. This is, of course, no real change, since the employer pays the insurance company!

But beware - Obama is NOT stupid. I predict that he will NOT throw away all those Catholic votes, but will further modify the policy until it is acceptable to them.

And I believe he planned this from the beginning:

1. Institute a policy that is unacceptable to a large percentage of the population.
    2. Upon objections to it, modify it a bit.
    3. Upon continued objections, modify it further.
    4. Receive support as a reasonable leader who bows to the pressure of the people.

This guy is very savvy. Do NOT underestimate his cleverness - -
  13. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The BEST thing we can hope for is that he does NOT modify this policy.

That would cost him the Welfare vote.

And that would cost him the election!!
  14. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

He just simply cannot be trusted. He says something that means one thing to us, but he means entirely something else. He has his agenda and will use whatever lies and subterfuges he can to carry out his agenda. Watch out for double crosses. Anything he says about religion is pure politics and an attempt to get the support of the gullible.
  15. Bocc44

Bocc44 New Member

The assault on religion is just the tip. This was a calculated plan…not a misjudgment on his behalf. He knows exactly what he is doing. The scary part is…it works! People fall for this crap he dishes. Now, he is the one who will compromise, and those nasty republicans are against the woman’s freedom to have access to contraception. It changes the argument, when really he is stealing our freedoms.

Obama is assaulting ALL freedoms. When someone attacks the constitution that is what they are doing. When he says something, he does the opposite.

Why is there no outcry about the gas prices? When he took office, the AVG was $1.79, now it’s $3.79. Bush would have been destroyed in the media about this.

I’m sure he has more devious plans than this.