Obama's prayer breakfast speech

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by ampaterry, Apr 5, 2012.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I heard about it, but did not believe it until I read it myself in a transcript from the White House site.

Obama, the anointed one, said:

"It’s an opportunity for us to reflect on the triumph of the resurrection, and to give thanks for the all-important gift of grace. And for me, and I’m sure for some of you, it’s also a chance to remember the tremendous sacrifice that led up to that day, and all that Christ endured -- not just as a Son of God, but as a human being.

For like us, Jesus knew doubt. Like us, Jesus knew fear."

Hmmm.
    Jesus, who could command legions of angels at any time to his aid, was AFRAID? Jesus, the creator of the universe, had DOUBT?

And about that "a Son of God" statement -
    Who is ANOTHER Son of God, Barry?
    YOU?
  2. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

My favorite comment after reading the article in The Blaze:

spontaneous human combustion comes to mind…..be careful Barry…God is getting angry at you..
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

was this his attempt to smooth the Catholics over ??
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Not a chance. As a " cross back " and at one time, an inch from entering in to a Seminary, I think I can say there's nothing there that's directed toward Catholicism. Not that I can read into it, anyway.
  5. armoredman

armoredman New Member

You MIGHT make a case for that by using the Garden of Gethsemane prayer, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
    The first statement could be read by those seeking fear and weakness as such, but the second half is iron resolve. Our Lord was fully Divine and fully human, and as such had His moments, such as with the whip on the money changers in the Synagogue.
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Fear?...I don't know. I'm sure He felt immense "dread". At least scripture would indicate that.

But here's the thing, Obama has always personalized the experiences of his audience. I don't think it proves anything one way or the other about what this buffoon truly believes.

Obama was raised a Muslim and there is nothing that I have ever heard from Jeremiah Wrights church that would lead me to believe they preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. When Obama has answered questions about his faith he speaks about salvation as a process (kind of a Hindu or Buddhist belief actually). Sanctification may be a process but salvation certainly isn't.

Islam is probably the only religion in existence in which lying is a tenet of the faith. We already know Obama is a liar. So...
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

0 will say whatever he thinks will get him votes.
    Perhaps that "fear" statement reveals a little more than he intended? Is he afraid?
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

word is the massed international arch diocese have been chatting and got a fighting fund together to fight obozo's health care plan , especially the contraception with one email very specific about obama's lack of Christianity ..

i dunno if its been pointed out but he's played this game last time the churches started to get organised against him then he brought out his Christian past .. and things got quiet again then ..

but the letter i been seeing have been also in spanish

a lot .. i think the various churches about have been targeting obozo for a anti vote by the Catholic and especially the spanish speakers ..

make of that what you will

i'm just guessing
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012