Obituary.....

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by wv hillbilly, Nov 2, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

.Obituary.....

Davy Jones of the 60's group "The Monkeys" died a few weeks ago.

The news paper headlines read, "The Lead Monkey is dead!"

When Joe Biden read the paper, he ran around his house yelling..........
    "I'm the president, I'm the president!"
  2. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

that's sick...but I like it!
  3. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

4. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Buckshot, I respectfully disagree with you. The president does not make the country, the citizens do. And there are a number of red blooded veterans and patriots that have their head screwed on tight that will stand for what is right. What torks me off is that stupid electoral college. They told me loud and clear that my vote did not count. If it went by the popular vote, they would have to have a run off.
  5. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

Eagle, I assume you're talking about my signature line. I feel likewise about the electoral college. Though I dare say that if we'd won in a similar fashion we'd be standing on our side of the playground yelling woohoo, too bad so sad, nyah nyah nyah, the electoral college RULES baby!

As for patriots and for standing up for what is right...yes, if push comes to shove I have no doubt the "good guys" outnumber the bastards. But unfortunately there's a tremendous amount of damage that can and will occur before it comes to that.

In any event, the outcome of November 6th calls into question whether this country can be saved. In it's current form, I would say...no. Folks a lot smarter than I have said recently that the president isn't the problem, or the end of this country. But those 50 million brain-dead zombies ARE, and may well be a destructive force that cannot be overcome.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Those patriots may get their chance but it's going to be very ugly and very costly.

Sorry to highjack the thread 'billy.:eek:
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    A little harsh but pretty close to being dead on. It's a warning for both parties to clear the room of the old party hacks running the show and to get some new blood in there.

Q. What's the difference between Obama giving a speech and a cardboard cutout of Obama giving a speech?
    A. The cardboard cutout looks at the camera instead of the teleprompter.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012