Obomba on abortion

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Bobitis, Sep 13, 2009.

1. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Because women can't be held responsible for doing their part, right?

Why does it always come down to it being a woman's decision? Why does the man never get to decide that the life he created should be allowed to live? Both people know, going into the deed, that a baby could be the result of their actions. The baby shouldn't be punished because mom or dad refuse to take responsibility.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I wonder if there would be a 50/50 chance of this health care bill getting rid of trolls, and liberals? No way it could be that easy!
  3. red14

red14 New Member

I think responsibility is the operative word here. Being responsible is the diference between being a father and a sperm donor. IMO most of our problems with murder and crime is no (or crappy) male parental influence.

Boys seek role models. If a father does not exist, they will choose a gang banger. That's why I coach youth athletics. Maybe, in some small way, I can make a difference in a child's life. On my 12 man roster, only 3 boys have the same biological parents listed on my call sheet. 3 only have mothers listed.
  4. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

According to Huck's logic it would be cheaper to abort ALL children...Huck, Do you have any idea the cost of raising a child? Including the children who grow up to become President? I'd say the idea of paying tuition for medical school or law school would be enough for you to punch your pregnant partner in the stomach.
  5. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

This is the first I've opened up this thread, and I've only just read the last 4 posts, due to time constraints. Here are my thoughts...

First, this is a hugely personal and polarizing topic. Personal, because I believe few people change their minds once they make their decision about abortion, pro or con...which leads to the polarizing effect. It's not a topic that lends itself easily to middle ground.

I am adamantly against abortion, pure and simple. I know all the "middle ground" arguments, but none of them have changed my opinion, nor will they.

As for men having a say, I agree...it takes 2 to make a baby (we'll presume in vitro wasn't used) and IF the male has the means to monetarily and physically care for the baby, he should be able to override the female's decision to abort.

If neither wants to or can care for the baby, then in my opinion adoption is the way to go. Is it inconvenient to carry a child you don't want? I can only imagine it is. But when you "do the deed" as someone said, you need to realize what the potential outcome of that is before your 15 mins. of thrills. (Time can be adjusted as necessary...)

HuckFinn: If I may be so bold as to presume, you have some serious bitterness (hatred?) that is fueling your opinions, at least in part. And what makes me really sad is that the discussion about a LIFE comes down to $$$. What value, in dollars, lira, or gold, can a person rightly put on a human life? How much are YOU worth? Is that even a fair question? The expenses of raising a child should NOT be what determine that child's worth or value.

My mom wanted to kill herself when she found out she was going to have me, for reasons which I won't divulge here. Perhaps some wish she would have tried harder! Personally...I'm glad she didn't succeed (and she's glad, too). I'd like to think I've added some "value" to my small corner of the world.

I firmly believe that God determines each and every life that is created. There are NO MISTAKES, despite what we may consider a mistake based on circumstances, inconvenience, money, etc. How that life is ultimately treated and cared for makes all the difference in the world. To set arbitrary standards of monetary value or social worth (i.e., should we abort handicapped or "imperfect" babies?) is abominable to me.

Lastly...I realize it's more than likely that someone reading this thread has had an abortion, or had a partner who did. I don't stand in a place of condemnation or judgment; that's not my job. I grieve for the life lost, and have compassion for the residual pain and guilt that person probably carries.

In closing...Psalm 139:13-16

[FONT=&quot] 13[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For You formed my inward parts;
    You wove me in my mother's womb.

14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Wonderful are Your works,
    And my soul knows it very well.

15 My frame was not hidden from You,
    When I was made in secret,
    And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;

16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
    And in Your book were all written
    The days that were ordained for me,