Obozo given Nobel Clown Prize

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by artabr, Oct 9, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=108222&sectionid=3510212

Barack Obama wins Noble Clown Prize

The first African-American President of the United States Barack Obama has been named as surprise (yea, right :rolleyes:) winner of Noble Peace Prize.

Obama won the prestigious award on Friday for his calls to reduce the world's stockpile of nuclear weapons and working for world peace.

The head of the Norwegian Nobel Committee Thorbjoern Jagland said that Obama was honored "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

"Very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the committee said in a citation.

The US president wins over more than 200 nominees.

Last month, Obama chaired a meeting of the UN Security Council, which unanimously approved a US-drafted resolution calling on nuclear weapons states to scrap their arsenals.

Obama is the third senior US Democrat to win the award this decade after former president Jimmy Carter and former vice president Al Gore won the prize in 2002 and 2007 respectively.

The prize, worth 10 million Swedish crowns ($1.4 million), will be handed over in Oslo on Dec. 10.

Art
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. kingchip

kingchip New Member

It might mean something, but they permanently discredited the Nobel when algore won it, soooooooo, who cares?
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

A little side note . :rolleyes: :D

Obama served 11 days in office when he was nominated for the prize. :rolleyes:

Nominations for the prize winners are turned in on February 1st of the year of the prize. :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

http://nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/process.html

"February – Deadline for submission. The Committee bases its assessment on nominations that must be postmarked no later than 1 February each year. Nominations postmarked and received after this date are included in the following year's discussions. In recent years, the Committee has received close to 200 different nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. The number of nominating letters is much higher, as many are for the same candidates."

Art
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. topper

topper New Member

Freaking unbelievable. Has the whole world gone crazy?

In the end times, madness and anarchy will rule
  5. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

I did not know this. Interesting fact. He had egg on his face from the Olympics, now he is back on top once again - at least for a few minutes.
  6. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

When we heard this at the station this morning we all at the same time said "what for?" I thought this had to be a hoax until I heard from two more news sources. And I still ask, what for? On another station I hear what he supposedly got it for and I still have to ask, what for?
  7. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Now it is all political.

I'd love to know who are on the voting lists.
  8. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

A flam, scam, and a sham. Obamma AND the Nobel Committee.
    He is righ up there with Yassar Arafart.
  9. Artemus

Artemus New Member

This is just some grease for the New World Order platform.
  10. momo

momo Former Guest

YES!!!!:mad:
  11. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

in fine company now. al gore and jimmy carter. and what does that mean. and wasn't hitler times man of the year once ?
  12. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Next Obama wins Heisman Trophy, Obama named Baseball MVP,
    Obama Wins NASCAR Chase, Obama Replaces Tim Tebow at Florida.
  13. zb338

zb338 New Member

Wonder how much was given to the presenters.

Zeke
  14. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Runner ups were Ahmadinejad, NK's Kim and Hugo Chevez
  15. oldogy

oldogy New Member

So I wonder how many of the folks who voted for him had sticky panties that prompted their actions? They certainly could not have anything substantial to justify their vote.
    oldogy