Observation regarding H&R Solid Frame .32 RF

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 45Auto, Mar 1, 2009.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I don't know if this is well known or not, so I'll toss it out for review:

The cylinder of the H&R Bull Dog medium frame, chambered for the .32 RF Long. And the cylinder of the small frame Young America Bull Dog chambered for .32 RF Short each have a capitol letter "R" stamped on the back face. Handy in case you want to know if you have the correct rim fire cylinder in your revolver and don't want to drop a round in to check.
  2. pooch602000

pooch602000 New Member

The H & R Bull Dog 32 Rim Fire Question

The revolver I have is nickel plated, blue trigger guard, color case hardened trigger & hammer. Serial #35492 on bottom of grip strap. Top of frame: The H & R Bull Dog, left side of oct. barrel: H & R ARMS COMPANY, WORCHESTER, MASS. U.S.A., below that: 32 RIM FIRE. It also has an R on the face of the cylinder.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i can't say for sure but the rimfire cylinder must have been marked because of the differences in rim thickness of the rimfire versus centerfire cartridges. this is something i forgot to mention in my H&R book.

thanks for bringing it to everones attention.
    bill