1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Observations from the shooting range

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat Hurley, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Spent an hour or so at the Sheriff's office gun range (Collier County-Naples FL) yesterday and got happy/sad results...

1. Taurus PT 1911 (.45)- Amazingly accurate and easy to shoot. My second favorite gun.
    2. S&W SW99 (.40) - Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it! No matter what I tried, it was way off - or I was.
    3. H&K USP Compact (9mm) - Deadly accurate and easy to shoot. Incredible weapon.
    4. Kel-Tec P3AT (.380) - lack of sights and lots of recoil make it woefully inaccurate from anything farther than 5 yards.

By the way, both range masters agreed that they'd take a .380 over a .32 as a defensive round any day of the week.

Pat Hurley
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  2. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

I have had my eye on the Kel-Tec .380 for a while now. Had a chance to pick up a .32 cheap but turned it down. I agree, the .380 is better. But "woefully inaccurate"? It is a belly gun, not meant for anything over a few feet. I'll find one at my price some day, but have other things more important right now.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Thanks for the range report.

Wife has a Walther P-99 in .40, and is deadly with it.
    Wonder what it is about a S&W?

Love my H&K. :D
  4. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Full disclosure... I asked the Range Master to unload a clip for me and he was spot on. Had to be the way I'm using the sights; I guess. Don't read too much into it - it's a great weapon (as is the P99) but I sucked with it yesterday. Period.

Ps - I watched a guy fire off about 20 rounds of .460 S&W. WOW! What a freakin' cannon! The muzzle blast looks like a flame thrower. Hate to be a boar or grizzly and staring down that barrel.

Pat Hurley
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

If I was gonna pick upa Kel-Tec I would have to by one of the belt clips for it
  6. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Forget the accessories... just make sure your target is within five yards or you haven't a chance of hitting it! This is the ultimate "Oh Sh**!" gun.

Pat Hurley
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member