odd brolin arms 12 guage

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by lil1weasle, Jan 22, 2006.

1. lil1weasle

lil1weasle New Member

im not real familliar with shotguns.ive come across a brolin arms 12 ga. thats puzzling to me,being the amatuer that i am.what puzzles me is the ejection is on the bottom instead of the side. its a brolin arms, mod. bp370 and it says made in china by SFM Co. im not sure if being bottom ejection is rare or not,so does anyone know anything about brolins?
  2. lead

lead Active Member

First, welcome to the forum. This is a great place.
    Now, as far as Brolins go, I don't think that guns with that name are still being imported, but they were a little over a year ago. The Chinese have made a couple shotguns that copy Ithaca's bottom ejection system, so they aren't that rare.
    A local gun shop, that has since closed, got in a couple of the Brolin shotguns awhile back. They were all short barrel, home defense type models. The owner liked them enough that he kept one of his own home. At that time, he had them selling for less then $200, new.
    I hope that helps some.
  3. lil1weasle

lil1weasle New Member

thanks lead.it helps a little.so brolins arent too rare? so their fairly cheap guns? even though i like mine alot its not to heavy and doesnt have much recoil. i aquired it by way of about 50 dollars worth of work to a guy.
  4. lead

lead Active Member

There's cheap, and there's inexpensive. The guy at the shop I mentioned liked his because he felt it was well made, just low priced.
    Sounds like you got a bargain to me. Enjoy it.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi lil1weasle.......welcome to TFF.

No, bottom ejection is not rare. Both Browning and Ithaca make bottom ejection shotguns. The Ithaca design goes back almost 70 years.....to 1937, and over 2 million of them have been made.

The Brolin shotguns were Chinese copies of the Ithaca Model 37 and the Remington Model 870.

The shotguns were probably made by either, or both, Norinco or China North Industries.

Brolin Arms, Inc. was an importer, located in LaVerne, CA, and later, Pomona, CA, until they went out of business in 1999. They didn't make any guns, they merely imported them under their name.