The Firearms Forum banner

odd place to find spent brass

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  TigerLeo 
#1 ·
was walking into a restaurant at lunch and the toe of my boot kicked something in the parking lot that made a familiar ting-ting-ting.. i looked down and it was a spent rifle brass case. I almost walked on when i noticed it was large.. at first i thought something like 7.62x54r.. but then i noticed a belt on it.. it had been run over, but i picked it up anyway to toss into my brass recycle bin... was a 7mm rem mag... odd thing to find in a restaurant parking lot in the middle of a city I thought... not like it's a cafe' back in the woods with trucks with dog cages in the back.

#3 ·
Very odd indeed.
COULD be just fell out of someones car that parked there.

Also could be fired from there, which I am sure the police would be interested in.
Nobody hunts big game in town - -
yeah.. 7mmrem mag is kinda a BIG cartridge... and it's a city.. :)

werid is what I thought.

If I had seen it over on my side of town near more rural areas / farms and whatnot.. like in a walmart parking lot.. it wouldn't have been so odd.. especially not if it was soemthing normal like 30-30 or etc.

7mmrem mag is a rareish bird here.. not too much game big enough to hunt with that except maybee some HUGE boar.. and closest good hog hunting with boar that size is 45m away at least...

our deer are like big dogs... 7mmrem mag would ruin a piece of deer meat.

heck.. last hog I got was 110# shot with my 3006 and I ruined a shoulder and ribs across from the shoulder with an angle shot..

#4 ·
I've seen brass get caught in the tread of tires and fall off in some odd places. I've also seen the same thing with boots. I could see someone wedging it in their vibram soles and when it finally annoyed 'em enough walking into a restaurant; peeling it off and dropping it there.

#6 ·
While sitting at a picknic table in the break area of the U.S. Post Office, in the middle of town, I found a fired .45 APC bullet, just lying there on the ground. Post Office is just off the I-20 freeway. Looked like it just ran out of gas! No indication that the bullet had hit anything. But then, all the street/exit signs have bullet holes in them!

#11 ·
When I was living at an apartment complex in Richmond CA, a mere stones throw from Oakland, I found a half box of live 762*39. I didn't own a rifle at the time, so I handed it over to the security guy. He seemed happier than a pig in smelly dirt.

#16 ·
I guess it's kind of fun to read back through some of the old archives once in a while.;)

Reactions: TigerLeo
#18 ·
A lot of it is probably from someone who searches for something (like in Google) and a thread pops up on this forum from x years ago. That's how I found this site when I was searching for a new holster for my hi-point

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.