1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

odd place to find spent brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by soundguy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

was walking into a restaurant at lunch and the toe of my boot kicked something in the parking lot that made a familiar ting-ting-ting.. i looked down and it was a spent rifle brass case. I almost walked on when i noticed it was large.. at first i thought something like 7.62x54r.. but then i noticed a belt on it.. it had been run over, but i picked it up anyway to toss into my brass recycle bin... was a 7mm rem mag... odd thing to find in a restaurant parking lot in the middle of a city I thought... not like it's a cafe' back in the woods with trucks with dog cages in the back.
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Very odd indeed.
    COULD be just fell out of someones car that parked there.

Also could be fired from there, which I am sure the police would be interested in.
    Nobody hunts big game in town - -
  3. soundguy

yeah.. 7mmrem mag is kinda a BIG cartridge... and it's a city.. :)

werid is what I thought.

If I had seen it over on my side of town near more rural areas / farms and whatnot.. like in a walmart parking lot.. it wouldn't have been so odd.. especially not if it was soemthing normal like 30-30 or etc.

7mmrem mag is a rareish bird here.. not too much game big enough to hunt with that except maybee some HUGE boar.. and closest good hog hunting with boar that size is 45m away at least...

our deer are like big dogs... 7mmrem mag would ruin a piece of deer meat.

heck.. last hog I got was 110# shot with my 3006 and I ruined a shoulder and ribs across from the shoulder with an angle shot..
  4. myfriendis410

myfriendis410 Member

I've seen brass get caught in the tread of tires and fall off in some odd places. I've also seen the same thing with boots. I could see someone wedging it in their vibram soles and when it finally annoyed 'em enough walking into a restaurant; peeling it off and dropping it there.
  5. Texxut

Texxut Member

Probably fell out of some one's truck when they opened the door. It happens.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    While sitting at a picknic table in the break area of the U.S. Post Office, in the middle of town, I found a fired .45 APC bullet, just lying there on the ground. Post Office is just off the I-20 freeway. Looked like it just ran out of gas! No indication that the bullet had hit anything. But then, all the street/exit signs have bullet holes in them!
  7. soundguy

8. oneoldsap

oneoldsap New Member

Definate fell out of a vehicle or coat pocket , homeboys don't use the 7 mag much !
  9. streetbob

streetbob Active Member

Maybe it was planted there by big brother to make it look like the thugs use 7mm Mag as well! :eek: :banghead: :lmao2:
  10. fasted23

fasted23 New Member