Odd revolver

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

haven't seen them in stores yet but did paw one at the last shot show. i'm curious myself as to how well they are going to be received. and i'm curious enough to see them i plan on getting one asap. once i do i'll post a report. i'm going for the stainless steel 3in barreled model
  3. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Didn't see a 3" stainless, on the website, only the 2", but do tell if/when you get one.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The Russians did it several years ago, but I haven't heard much about their gun. The idea is OK, though the gun looks a bit awkward.

Jim
  5. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

The internals look a mess, but the videos shows that they do work. Only time (and reviews) will tell.
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

at the shot show i was told the rhino will be made in a 3in stainless once they start selling. i might have to wait a long time or settle for a different barrel . though they are getting good reviews i highly doubt that they will catch on to the point they become common place, a bit to expensive and odd to become a hot seller in my opinion
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

They also made that .380 or was it a 9mm that had an built in around the pistol suppressor. Small and quiet.
  8. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    why...................................... old semperfi
  9. GunsForSale.com

GunsForSale.com New Member

I got to play with the prototypes at the 2010 SHOT Show. They were heavy with a heavy trigger, but were definitely interesting.

I recently saw a video (it's probably on YouTube) of a guy firing .357 Mags through one, rapid fire. Relatively little muzzle flip.

It is definitely interesting, but I don't know how it will fit in with many people's thoughts on firearms.
  10. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Interesting, but I think I'll stick with the old fashioned revolvers with the barrel on the top chamber. Btw, how do they transfer the energy from the hammer down to the firing pin at the bottom ? Just curious...
  11. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/729/images#

Then zoom in.
  12. Jim K

Jim K New Member

They don't really reduce the recoil, just reduce the muzzle climb. The reason is that any firearm recoils around its own center of gravity. If the center of gravity is lower than the barrel (as in most guns), the recoil will cause the barrel to move up. If the center of gravity is right on the barrel line (as in that pistol), the gun will move back but not up. The idea is good and the principle is sound. But gun folks tend to be conservative (often both in gun choice and politics) and it may take a good while for the idea to catch on.

Jim
  13. donhudd

donhudd New Member

I saw a Charter Arms revolver with the "low barrell" at the last gun show I attended a few weeks ago. It looked a lot more conventional. The thing that first caught my attendion was that the cylinder was not round but flat sided. Then I noticed the barrell.
  14. Jmedwards1

Jmedwards1 New Member

15. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

What they need to do is get it placed prominently in a few video games...
    Once the teens think it's cool as it looks, it'll sell like crazy :D