Oesterr. Waffenfabr. Ges. Steyr

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by M. Jenko, Jul 22, 2012.

1. M. Jenko

M. Jenko New Member

Dear Sir,

I own Oesterr. Waffenfabr. Ges. Steyr, cal. 8x56
    On inf. that I have, it was maifactured in 1905.
    It`s in perfect conditione. I would like to know what is it worth, because I would like to sell it.

Thank you, in advance

Sincerely,
    M. Jenko
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Good, clear pictures of the whole gun and closeups of the receiver and markings will be needed for an evaluation.

Jim
  3. M. Jenko

M. Jenko New Member

There are some pictures in att.
    I hope thoes will help.

M. Jenko

Attached Files:

4. M. Jenko

M. Jenko New Member

Some more pictures...
    And one detail I forget to mentione, it`s manufactured and regisstered number is 1323.

Regards,
    M. Jenko

Attached Files:

5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That is a nice carbine, but the stock does not appear to be original, and the recoil pad and the checkering almost certainly are not. The Blue Book lists the Model 1908 carbine at around $2000 in 98%, but if you are in the U.S., the caliber hurts sales as 8x56 ammo is very difficult to obtain here. So what it may be worth and what you can get for it are different things.

If you are in the U.S., you can put it in an on-line auction and see what it brings, or try the local sale route by just setting a price (say $1500) and see what happens. You can also try consignment at a local gun shop, but a sale may take a while since it is a high dollar item as well as one that would appeal to a limited number of potential buyers.

Jim