Off to see the doctor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Mar 2, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I hate the doctors but if I don't go Carla will beat me with a tree limb :eek:
    maybe I can get some mental improvement pills :D
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Well if you get hit with a tree limb then I guess you'll have to go anyway!

for mental improvement I've been taking the SAM-E vitamins.... I'm surprised how good they make me feel. I call them my happy pills! :D

Good luck at the doc...

and have a great day!

Lori:)
  3. Do they make pills for Ron's mental condition????? :eek::D
  4. durk

durk Active Member

Good luck at the Doc Ron!:)
  5. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Have fun .... :eek:

[​IMG]
  6. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Lori...Just last week I heard about SAM-E and that they are about the most "perfect" supplement out there. I'm so glad to read of someone using them and liking them before I make the purchase! Tell me...will they help me drop a pound or 20?? That would make them MY "happy pills" for sure!! ;)
  7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I got pills for my ears ( wind has been blowing right through them) and some sort of spray stuff that the doctor said to spray up my nose, claims it will help clear my thoughts.:rolleyes:
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I always put off doctor visits (and similar) I hate them. I don't dislike doctors, I hate the process... I'm a mess and cannot tell you the last time I went to the doctor, he said "oh you have this, let me give you these and you will be fine in a week." I always end up getting all this fancy testing bullshit that just wastes my time.

I swear it took them probably many thousands of dollars in tests to tell me I had heartburn. Okay they put a fancy name to it and now I can point out there is a medical reason I have heartburn... but they could have just saved me a lot of time and given me the freaking pills in the beginning :mad:.

This is how it always goes down. Hence why I put them off!

/end rant!!!

Hope your appointment went well :D
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I used to have a really nice, old school doctor, now at the great surgery in the sky. I also hated going and would put it off as long as possible. I recall him saying once when I had a persistent pain 'Why didn't you come to me sooner, I can give you something that will help'.
  10. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I am currently seeing a urologist for pain I've been dealing with since I was 14 or so :rolleyes:. This might actually be the simplest trip to the doctor in a long time! He ordered some CT Scans but says with IBS/stomach problems what I am experiencing is actually very normal :rolleyes:.
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

HAHAHAHA... :D:D:D:D That's the kind of response i'd expect from AL... :D;)

mike
    gn
  12. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I read about SAM-E for months and when my emotions hit rock bottom around the holidays I finally broke down and bought a box. It took about a week and suddenly I wasn't crying anymore. Yes, I still rant about the political stuff going on but all my panic attacks and anxieties are gone! I'm still amazed and I'm telling everyone about it.

As far as droppin a few pounds.... I used to use the green tea diet pills....and they work very well....
    also use the Acai berry... excellent!

And I never miss the Omega-3 for arthritis... I've been pain free since I started taking them....over 5 years now....and can't wait til spring so I can get back on my bike! :)

ok...since this is a doctor thread....I didn't go off topic....did I? :D
  13. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Remember, fifty percent of the doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class at med school.
  14. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Oh, thank you, Lori! I appreciate all your information VERY much. Acai is another item I've heard of ...and I didn't know about Omega-3 for arthritis...hmmm....

I'd love to know the particular brands of these supplements you're using, if you have the time to share.

Thanks again!
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  15. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I use the Natrol Omega-3 (from CVS), and my Acai berry comes from an online outlet called Healthy Choice. GNC has some very good supplements too. I also use the Nature Made SAM-E 400mg. I get it at CVS when they have their buy 1 and get 1 free sales. They seem to run the sale every few weeks now. :) Hope that helps!

Have a Great Day!
    Lori