Officially pending?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by libertyman777, Jul 11, 2003.

1. libertyman777

libertyman777 New Member

I've been placed on pending status as of 6/27. How long is the wait from here? Does this mean that the BATF paperwork is okay and I'm now just waiting for the FBI background check? Thanks,
    L'man:cool:
  2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

If you filed form 4 paperwork and it's pending, be
    prepared to wait anywhere from 6-months to one
    year, before you receive your stamp approval and
    can take legal possesion of your NFA firearm.

Tac
  3. Herb

Herb New Member

I've seen it running about 90 days lately.
  4. skiingfool1974

skiingfool1974 New Member

Welcome to TFF Herb!

Wow, 90 days seems almost way too fast for the BATF! They must have just gotten some recent grads who are out busting their butt trying to make a name for themselves. Seriously though, if they can get through everything in 90 days, that's fantastic news! It is a lot better than a 6-12 month wait!

Evan
  5. Herb

Herb New Member

Evan, it was a 3 month wait in 1998 when I last acquired. A friend has this year picked up another 4 and they were all running about 90 days. It's a lot like waiting for Christmas when you were a kid!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards Herb
  6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It all depends on who your agent is, all form 3's I've done have
    come back within 60-days. However, form 4's usually take a bit
    longer, and in most cases one is more than likely going to have
    a prolonged wait with a form 4, but again, your processing agent
    is a key factor.
  7. stash247

stash247 New Member

Kind'a sad, it taking so long, when to get approval requires a better record than required of those who do the checking and granting of approvals....
  8. Roughrdr

Roughrdr New Member

Last time I did a form 4 it took 16 months before I got my stamp back. That's a long time to wait.
  9. SOT_II

SOT_II New Member

At two months I call...and I keep calling often times they can get it moving along. I know have a good relationship with my examiner...and things seem to go smoothly (but I am a dealer and most are form 5's and Form 3's).....

Don't worry about calling, I'd call at two months and call every month after that...in the real world there is no reason that it should take more than 4-5 months MAX...right now the fastest I've gotten was a form 3 done in 3 weeks, longest has been just over 3 months...and I had to resend things in.

10. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I read an article in Shotgun news recently, about the steps required to get approved. The author documented his own experience as it played out. He wrote that after submitting your form, you are suppose to hear something back within 90 days. If you do not receive approval within 90 days, the author said to call the BATF on the 91st day and each day after that relentlessy. The author of the article said that about the 5th day they get tired of your calls and actually make the effort to drop your stamp in an envelope and mail it back to you.

Again, I am only repeating what I read in a "Shotgun News" article.