Oh @&#$

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Munch, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Munch

Munch Member

I was out a few weeks ago with my Mosin-Nagant having a big ole time, when after about 12 rounds, the front sight just fell off. Anyone have any tips on how to re-attach this?
    [​IMG]
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Is the sight lost? Is it the kind where the front sight pin just is driven in or the kind where it it has threads and screws in? If the former and it is not lost, it can be just driven back in; if lost, it is easily made. If the sight is lost and it is the screw-in type, you will have to order one. Try www.gunpartscorp.com. You will also need to buy or make the special wrench.

Jim
  3. Munch

Munch Member

I was able to find the front globe, thankfully. I don't see any place where a set screw or pin could or would have been, so I assume that it was just driven in. There is a dovetail on the base of the globe, and a matching slot on the base. The best I can tink to do is to weld it back in place. Just being careful to get it straight...
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I strongly suggest you avoid welding. If the sight is dovetailed in, just tap the dovetail or stake the sight after you put it back in.

Jim
  5. Munch

Munch Member

Thanks for your advice! I don't really want to hit it with the welder. I am going to try your tip this afternoon.