OIL (not a joke!) Please read!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fmacsin1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April ('08) that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report ( hadn't been updated since '95) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota ; western South Dakota ; and extreme eastern Montana ..... check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels.. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.

'When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.' says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

'This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years.' reports, The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves.... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for2041 years straight.

2. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from TWO YEARS AGO!

U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World!
    Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
    - 18-times as much oil as Iraq
    - 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
    - 22-times as much oil as Iran
    - 500-times as much oil as Yemen
    - and it's all right here in the Western United States .

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy......WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?
    Got your attention/ire up yet? Hope so! Now, while you're thinking about it .... and hopefully P.O'd, do this:

3. Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you want to complain about gas prices .. because by doing NOTHING, you've forfeited your right to complain.
    --------
    Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you sent a letter to your congressman, demanding an explanation of why we are borrowing money when we are sitting on a gold mine…make that an “OIL MINE”.

By the way...this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!

GOOGLE it or follow this link to the article from the US Geological Survey. It will blow your mind.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911
  2. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Fat chance. You think the Dems are going to let us develop and burn this petroleum? Fat chance. I think I'm going to report you to fishy@whitehouse.gov you Brown Shirt right wing extremist. To think we would actualy develop domestic petroleum reserves! Sheesh!
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  3. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

I happen to be wearing a Blue Shirt! Whose group does that put me in?
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I've been saying for years that we have enough oil right here in the US to meet all of our needs without having to import a single drop of foreign oil. I say drill the damned oil here! And then tell the whackjobs in the Middle East to KEEP their oil and cram it sideways! WE'RE paying for the weapons that the ragheads use against us when we keep buying foreign oil!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  5. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Blue Shirt, hold on.......blue shirt.....blue shirt.......here it is! Blue shirt! I'm supposed to report you to enemies_of_humanity@serviceemployeesinternationalunion.com
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

+1 what he said!!!!!
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Read Thomas Gold's book, Deep Hot Biosphere. I'm convinced that oil is a naturally occurring phenomenon, derived as simple hydrocarbons initially at extreme temperature and pressure within the earth's core. The nuclear reactions in the earth's mantle generate alpha particles, otherwise known as Hydrogen atoms. At extreme pressure and temperature, it is believed that they would combine with the universe's most abundant element, carbon, to begin a long string of complex hydrocarbons that we commonly know as oil. Gold's reasoning that organic materials have been found in the oil is that methanotrophic organisms feed on the methane component of the complex hydrocarbons at depth. The oil seeps into the dead methanotrophic organisms, and therefore comes up with the pumping of the black gold that we know as oil. Gold cites a pumping area on an undersea mountain in the Gulf of Mexico that went dry in the '70s. In the '90s we went back to pumping MORE than previous yields at the same site. He cites that seepage from adjacent oil reservoirs couldn't account for the newfound oil reserve. He's a smart guy. I'd recommend the book to anyone... See http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Hot-Biosphere-Thomas-Gold/dp/0387985468 if you want to purchase the book. It's a bit on the technical side but fascinating... :D
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

9. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Ok, so, we can see it's not a supply and demand issue.

Mabe the new world gov. peoples don't like cheap oil.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Haligan, I believe you're correct on the one-world government front. I used to be a skeptic. I went as far as calling supporters of the one-world government conspiracy idiots. I think I was wrong. The more I read, the more I can't deny that a one-world government is the end goal. I'm not so sure that there isn't already a one-world shadow government. :eek:
  11. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Bottom line.........the oil and gas are here. The depleting reserves that enviro-nuts like to refer to are based on current production with current technology. As an example, 15 years ago I was working in the Austin chalk trend here in Texas. They knew that the Edwards and Eagle Ford Shale formations were beneath the Austin Chalk. Now they are drilling EFS wells as the technology is available to drill it and produce it. They think that the Eagle Ford Shale is the source formation for the Austin Chalk that boomed in the 60's, late 70's, and again horizontally in the 90's, but were unable to produce it until now.

The Bakken Shale is another shale formation thought to be the source formation for shallower formations up north .

It's just a matter of time before they figure out how to drill under Saudi and just "Come and Take It".
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Drill here now! Vote against anyone who opposes drilling. Drilling can now be done without hardly leaving mark on the landscape. Its not the damage of the landscape. Its the desire of many of our betters to reduce this nation to a feudal society with us inferiors in our places. A discovery of this magnitude released on the free market will result in a precipitous drop in the price of oil as it comes on line. Their are many Congresscritters heavily invested in oil. If they don't have a stake in this formation they could loose as much as 80% or more in the value of their holdings. Algore is a big stake holder in a major oil co. thanks to some good investments by his father and shady shenanigans on his part with govt. oil reserves which will drop sharply in value due to the high asphalt content of Algores oil against the Bakken sweet crude. For our betters, there is no way that the punishment should fit the crime. Even if it ruins the country.
  13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I was the same way until I really started thinking about the Book of Revelations plainly talking about the entire Earth following the Anti-Christ. One World Government. Now as I look at what Obama is trying to do on behalf of his puppetmasters, I can see it coming:mad::mad::mad:
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'm afraid that you are correct...
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  15. colt

colt New Member

Drill it and put the rag heads back to the sand.