Oiuja Boards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun runner, Nov 15, 2012.

  1. gun runner

    gun runner Former Guest

    Nov 23, 2011
    South Texas
    Do you believe in what people say about them when they say the boards are dangerous and can unlock evil spirits. I been researching it on the internet and heard alot of weird bad stuff happening to people after they messed with one.

    JUNKKING Well-Known Member

    Absolutely! They dont have to be factory made of have Parker Brothers written on it either. A big piece of paper and a clear smooth object to use as a planchette.

  3. gun runner

    gun runner Former Guest

    Nov 23, 2011
    South Texas
    Whats a planchette used for and how does this game work?
  4. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

    We used to have one in our house, when I was a kid. Them thangs is spooky!
  5. gun runner

    gun runner Former Guest

    Nov 23, 2011
    South Texas
    Why are they spooky? What happened?
  6. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

    Two people sit opposite one another with their fingers resting lightly on the planchette (small heart-shaped piece of wood) or movable indicator to indicate the spirit's message by spelling it out on the board during a séance. Participants place their fingers on the planchette lightly, and it is moved about the board by a spirit, or spirit's, to spell out words, that create messages from the spirit world.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  7. Jerryboy

    Jerryboy Well-Known Member

    Mar 8, 2012
    i have no doubt whatsoever that the supernatural is real. now, to what extent it is real is up for debate. vampires, werewolves, liches, wendegoes etc.? don't think so. witches, warlocks, demons, angels? yes.
  8. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

    In cajun country that would be a Rugaroo! Bad mojo!
  9. time2shoot

    time2shoot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

    Jan 17, 2012
    Brandon SD
    What is a wendegoes and Rugaroo?
    Never heard of eather of them.


    Jan 29, 2012
    Played with one in highschool witha group of friends. That said, it is not allowed in my house as an adult.

    JUNKKING Well-Known Member

    The planchette is moved in a circle by two or more people to conjur a spirit or spirits. The spirits move the planchette to letters spelling out answers (usually lies) of who they are, were, or what they do or have done. The other symbols on the board are an infinity sign a pentagram and the numbers 1 - 0 and the words yes and no.

    In the hands of about 65% of people it is a game they do all of the moving of the planchette but in the other 35% or so it is the real deal and can be dangerous. You never know what or who you are conjuring.
  12. MSGT-R

    MSGT-R Active Member

    Feb 27, 2011
    I played it once or twice and thought it was BS. Someone was guiding it and wanted everyone else to believe it to be true..
  13. carver

    carver Moderator Supporting Member

    The wendigo (also known as windigo, weendigo, windago, waindigo, windiga, witiko, wihtikow, and numerous other variants)is a creature appearing in the legends of the Algonquian people. It is thought of variously as a malevolent cannibalistic spirit that could possess humans or a monster that humans could physically transform into. Those who indulged in cannibalism were at particular risk, and the legend appears to have reinforced this practice as a taboo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo

    The Rougarou (alternately spelled as Roux-Ga-Roux, Rugaroo, or Rugaru), is a legendary creature in Laurentian French communities linked to European notions of the werewolf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rougarou

    Attached Files:

  14. ampaterry

    ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

    Dec 20, 2008
    West Tennessee
    Back in my idiot days, my wife and I had one.
    It seemed to work, with each one of us blaming the other for moving the planchette.

    Then one evening we asked the spirits name.

    A V E R Y

    was spelled out.

    We asked him how he had died.

    M U R D E R E D

    was spelled out.

    We asked why.

    P I T T A N C E

    was spelled out.

    This was back when we were first married.
    We did not know what that word meant.
    We looked it up, found out it meant a small amount of money, and decided since neither of us COULD have done that moving, we would not use one again.
    And we never have.

    But they ARE real.
  15. Crpdeth

    Crpdeth Well-Known Member

    Apr 23, 2002
    Location location
    Same here...
Similar Threads
Forum Title Date
General Discussion Games on boards Oct 19, 2014
General Discussion 2 cycle engine oil for outboards - lets talk Nov 20, 2012
General Discussion Hurricane Billboards Oct 28, 2004
General Discussion Computer troubles & E.Z.Boards forums Sep 23, 2004
General Discussion Generosity of folks on the boards Aug 27, 2004