Oiuja Boards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun runner, Nov 15, 2012.

1. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

thanks carver.
    Hey you changed your Id pic.
    I like it.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The Loup Garou is a French legend of a human who changes into a wolf at his/her own will. The word 'loup' is a French word that means wolf and 'garou' is an old Frankish word that means man who turns into animal. The legend says that when a person comes into contact with a loup garou and sheds the blood of the beast, the Loup Garou will then changed to its human form and reveal their secret. The victim then becomes a Loup Garou for one hundred and one days. If the victim speak of the encounter to anyone, they become a loup garou themselves. But if they remain quiet about it, they will return to their human form and continue on with their lives. In the legends, the loup garou is said to be someone the victim knows, such as a jealous former lover.

The legend was often used to scare children when misbehaving (ex: "make your bed or the loup garou is gonna get ya'!" )What makes them different from the common werewolf is that they change with te cycles in the moon and have no control of their actions. So what makes these creatures so dangerous and terrifying is the fact that while in their wolf form, they are completely aware and as intelligent as they are in their human form. With their enhanced abilities and senses, it make them difficult to destroy because of their complete control. These creatures can change at their own will, as well as by the command of a full moon. These are magnificent, intelligent and blessed creatures (in some tales), but beware le Loup Garou...

Cajuns changed it to Rugaroo. The painting of the Blue Dog is one of many peices done by LA artist George Rodrigue. http://www.georgerodrigue.com/rodrigue/bio.htm
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Thanks for all this helpful info, now I know to stay away from these boards
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

^ this
  5. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Personally I put as much faith in Oiuja boards as a horoscope in a newspaper, zero. :D
  6. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

i played with one when i was a kid, never again
  7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

tried it in my late teens. after we were done playing, it got packed up. never used it again.
  8. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

Toys don't scare me and four leaf clovers don't bring me luck...
  9. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Oh Crap...Diggin up memories...When I was young, my momma was heavily into mediums, ouija boards, tarot cards and all that stuff. She called it "white witchcraft". Played with them quite a bit when I was young. Conjured up all kinds of spirits - some claimed to be good and others not so much. Received many very freaky messages and had too many times when it turned scary - like talking to a demon. Seen the planchette move by itself on many occcassions.

Had a cousin we spent a lot of time with that also has a board we used on nearly every visit. Her's has a familiar spirit attached to it. The she got saved and burned her board at a family picnic to show her family how serious she was about her new found faith. No lie - the board screamed for about 5 minutes in the fire.

Now we are country folks and have heard wood hiss and whistle many times as it's burned - never like this. It put a healthy fear of these things in some of us there. My mom went home and broke hers into pieces then in the trash.

I believe...that they are a door best left shut.
  10. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

If you really believe that a mountain can speak to you, you will hear it.:confused:
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I think Ouija boards are a lot of goofy hocus pocus.
  12. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I'da pooed myself, just sayin'. :eek::eek::eek:
  13. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

Ouija = Oui is French for Yes and Ja is Dutch for Yes.

[​IMG]
  14. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Sometimes that's too much fiber in your diet...:rolleyes:
  15. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Really I have to laugh at most of you. They are a piece of cardboard and a plastic triangle. there is nothing to them other than what you make them do.

Used one 5 or 6 times. Sat there with 4 other people and watched it do nothing. nothing at all. One person there also had the stupid tarot cards. Yeah I got the death card and that was hummmmmmm 12 years ago. Still alive and kickin.