Ok Glockies, what do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Ursus, Nov 29, 2007.

?

Wich trigger pull do you prefer?

1. Standard

40 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. New York

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. New York plus

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Wich triger pull do you like the best for your Glock? And why?
  2. FranklyTodd

FranklyTodd New Member

I voted NY, but I admit that should be taken with a grain of salt. I have ordered and just received by NY spring, but haven't installed it yet...

For safety in carrying with one in the chamber, the more it feels like a revolver the better (for me!). I can shoot my DAO .38 snub with accuracy that, while not impressive by any means, is entirely sufficient for SD. The stiffer spring in a Glock will hopefully increase my safety without decreasing my practical accuracy (assuming I can tune it to feel like a S&W revolver).

Let me say I love the factory Glock triggers. They are a terrific balance between SA light, and DA heavy. They are plenty safe if handled properly, and plenty accurate if shot deliberately. I certainly don't quibble with anyone who carries with the stock trigger!!!

IMHO, by installing a heavier trigger, I will be marginally safer (really not safer -4 rules, etc., just more confident) in carrying condition 1; my slow deliberate two-handed accuracy might fall a little due to the heavier pull; and my SHTF accuracy will be completely unaffected. To me that's at least a trade-off I want to try, if I'm going to carry it. I've been carrying my S&W 340 lately, though, so I'm not in a great hurry to install the NY spring.

Great question - I look forward to following this one!!
  3. Definitely the standard trigger for me; the relatively light (5.5 lb.) trigger is one of the things I most like about Glocks. If I wanted a heavy trigger, I would buy a Smith Sigma. :rolleyes:
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I carry mine with the 3.5# connector in it
  5. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 New Member

I like my Glock and my Sigma standard. One for carry, one for HD.
  6. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I voted for New York too. :D
  7. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

I had the 3.5 in my G23 and I loved it. But I carry my G27 with the standard 5.5lb pull.
  8. bmac1911

bmac1911 New Member

gotta say standard here too for my G36
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Standard trigger here.
  10. patrol

patrol New Member

To me, if there is anything that truely sucks about a Glock IS the standard trigger pull which they claim is only 5.5lbs. I couldn't imagine how horrible one even heavier would be. The main problem is the sharpness of the middle trigger between the hinged part. After many rounds down range it tends to irritate and sting my shooting finger unlike the XD's and the M&Ps which supposedly have standard heavier triggers out of the box. If anything because of this irritation the Glocks should be even less trigger pull.:cool:
  11. FranklyTodd

FranklyTodd New Member

I previously voted NY1. Went back to standard (actually traded the G27 for a G26), but also added a Cominolli manual thumb safety. Glock with round chambered in open carry is fine, but for me (not trying to convince anyone) carrying IWB, pocket, and sometimes SmartCarry (especially where I live - have to take it on and off if you go into certain places), won't carry a Glock with one in the chamber without the safety. Pics:

SAFE
    [​IMG]

FIRE
    [​IMG]
  12. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

And here I thought all you tupperware addicts didn't have to make modifications since they are supposed to be superior to a 1911 right out of the box. I've been disheartened...................AGAIN! Specially you Dawg and the Prof! ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  13. I don't modify my Glocks at all, IPT. Why modify perfection? :D;):p
  14. FranklyTodd

FranklyTodd New Member

For carry purposes, I'll take my 1926, (or should that be 2611?) over either a 1911 or an unmodified Glock! ;)

Of course I usually take my M&P340 j-frame over the 26... go figure.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  15. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Sorry for the hijack but FranklyTodd, did you install the safety yourself? This is definitely something I would be interested in, and up the (already high) appeal of the Glock. Even if not to carry on safety all the time, the peace of mind knowing it's available would be great for those situations where it would be warranted. The website says a gunsmith installation is reccomended... If you went that route how much did it cost you?

Then again according to the movies that racking one into the chamber is such an intimidating sound it might be a better method of "safety." =P