OK, Holidays are OVER!

Discussion in 'VMBB Fire For Effect' started by berto64, Jan 6, 2006.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

You can all start showing up and participating in our little social event again.

Seriously folks, please try and drop by and at least say hi or gotohell or something just so we know you passed this way.
  2. I agree, Bert. I know there are quite a number of VN vets among the membership. How about a debate on the one topic all of us seem to shun: What SHOULD we have done to win that damn war, or was winning it impossible from the beginning, in which case what the hell were we doing there? I certainly have my own opinion, as I suspect you do as well. I'll start the thread if you think this is a reasonable idea.
  3. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

I don't think there is enough band-width to accomodate that subject. I'd love to discuss it in person but too much is lost on the forum. That is my opinion. It also digs up way too many bad vs good memories.

Smoky's 2cents worth

Robert is correct tho about trying to stay in touch more. I've been remiss about that for sure.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I'm here Berto! :eek: :D
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

As am I !!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I still drop in to "read" what's going on.

Here is a HI, to show I was here.
  7. Mesen

Mesen New Member

hi or gotohell!

oh you mean I was supposed to choose one not say both? :D

That damn war was weird for the kids too. I kept having dreams of my dad running thru the jungle w/a large bullseye painted on the back of his BDU's. War is hell when you're a grown-up but it's even worse when you're 12.

see ya
    Bree
  8. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Thanks to all of you who dropped in!

PistolShooter, Post away!

If you want to start a thread like that be my guest. Just please don't be disappointed if it does not recieve many replies. On the other hand, be prepared to be swamped!

It is hard to predict how folks will react to that question, but then as you said, all of us who were there have our opinion on this.

And please, Draft dodging liberals, keep yer damned cowardly mouths shut!
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Sort of a mute point or a simple, "I don't really give a $hit anymore" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  10. Yeah, I kinda figured that, Bert. Hell, I'm not even certain I want to discuss it, for the same reasons others here have stated. Yet I do think it remains a pertinent question. It's one that's been on my mind for almost 36 years. All these many years later, I am still trying to understand WHY!

Amen to that, Bro.

OK, I'll run it up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes. If no one does, I will understand and take no offense. Look for the thread to be posted tomorrow when I'm not so tired. I want to word it just right.

--Rich
  11. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

Go for it!

JD
  12. SixTGunr

SixTGunr New Member

I beez here ...

Bringin' up the rear ... but here ... :D :D :D

Sixer
  13. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

A bunch of local high school kids were discussing the war at the library last week. The over riding opinion was still the "baby killer" slant. Their teacher was the one who gave them the slant, I asked them what book the idea came from. So it's alive and well and still kicking.

I actually had the gumption to keep my mouth shut and not go off on a rant. I got the teacher's name and I'm going to call the school abmin and see if I can address the class. Might even bring up some second amen stuff.

Smoky
  14. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Member

Durango Colorado, the right knee-pit of Colorado
    Sorry Berto...

have been busy trying to find a new job and at my age it aint easy.

but I do drop in every day for a few minutes to see what the rest of the human world is up to...

talk to you all soon..

out...
  15. berto64

berto64 Active Member

No Sweat Mith, good luck in your job hunting.

Hope you score a good one soon!