OK, legal eagles, fight over this one

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armoredman, Mar 14, 2012.

1. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Just noticed this one slipping under the radar in the Arizona Senate, goes up for vote/Third Read tomorrow before being sent to the House. Check this out. The capitalized text is the proposed additions to the statute. Simple sounding, but Section 4F, (subtle, isn't it?), is the real stunner. I know 6,000 legal eagles will immediately say "They can't do that!" Neither can the feds overstep their bounds, YET THEY HAVE DONE SO AGAIN AND AGAIN. Time to take it back.

http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/50leg/2r/bills/sb1358p.htm&Session_ID=107

I believe this is the political equivalent of a tossed grenade.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. gad1111

gad1111 Member

More like a truck full of grenades, the feds won't like that

Greg
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

WTG Arizona.
    Imagine, states taking back their rights, according to the constitution.
    What a concept.
  4. armoredman

armoredman New Member

It failed Third Read of a clear majority, 15 Aye, 14 Nay, 1 not voting. I asked my Senator to try to have it voted Reconsider due to the closeness of the vote. Alternatively, some enterprising individual can try a Strike Everything amendment on another bill to bring it in again before the end of the session.
    I sooo want to see the veins pop out of Aunt Samantha with this in her face.
  5. TimeTraveler

TimeTraveler New Member

The States already have this power. They need to use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_(U.S._Constitution)

Nullification, in United States constitutional history, is a legal theory that a State has the right to nullify, or invalidate, any federal law which that state has deemed unconstitutional. The theory is based on a view that the States formed the Union by an agreement (or "compact") among the States, and that as creators of the federal government, the States have the final authority to determine the limits of the power of that government. -----------------------