Ok need some input

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cpt.bales, Nov 6, 2006.

1. cpt.bales

cpt.bales Former Guest

So i have been a member of this forum for a while now and i have never seen anyone talk about the 25. Auto round. Is it a good round ? what do you think about carrying a 25. as a back up pistol ? the only reason I ask is because my aunt gave me a 25. auto a few months ago. It is a cute little thing after i cleaned the dust off it . it is made by a company called Titan F.I.E so it is old because i cant even find a website for the company. the fact that it is so small means i could even carry the thing tucked in my boot if i wanted too. but i am not sure if the 25. round is going to do some damage. I mean i am not saying that i expect it to be a one shot killer like my 45. but it would be nice to hear some input on this .
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

The .25 acp is probably the worst personal defense round out there.

Up close and personal situation, aim for the eyes,empty the auto, and go for your knife.
  3. cpt.bales

cpt.bales Former Guest

well thats why my back up weapon is a switch blade right now . :D :D
  4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

F.I.E was the importer. The Titan brand is not of the highest quality. I had one in .32 ACP. It was a toss up on how/when it was going to malfunction. I would not trust my life to it.
    Maybe yours is better but I would not bet on it.
  5. cpt.bales

cpt.bales Former Guest

well i have not had any issues with it . i have put about 300 rounds threw it so far and it worked flawless every time .
  6. BountyHunter

BountyHunter New Member

This is a troll, right?

I have a Davis .380 that is about the same quality that I got for a good price...free (sound familiar?).

I also have a F.I.E. .38 derringer that I have had for years. Sometimes it fires both barrels at once.

Does that make it a .76 caliber? :D

They make good trot line weights.

A .25 is better than and more convenient than carrying six rocks in your pocket, maybe.

And I really don't like carrying a striker fired pistol with a round up the pipe and the little thing that they "call" a safety on...like cocked and locked. You're gonna have to keep the chamber empty and rack the slide to load one in my humble opinion.

Really though, it's better than nothing. I wouldn't want to stand in front of it when it went off. Specially if it was pointed at my private parts.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I have a cute little pearl-handled 25. It never leaves the safe. I would never consider it for self defense except as a last ditch effort. Yes, it's small enough to conceal almost anywhere. But all it will do is make the bad guy mad.

Here's a chart of popular handgun ammo. Notice how tiny the 25 is in comparison to the other rounds.

Attached Files:

8. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Me personally I wouldn't carry nothin smaller than a .380
    A .25 can kill a man for sure with a good stop but in a defense situation when good shot are scarce it ain't gonna stop a man
  9. In short, the best thing that can be said about the .25 is that it is better than nothing and that it is highly concealable. For what it's worth, Cpt., Speer now loads their Gold Dot hollow point design in .25 caliber. Supposedly, it improves the performance by a little--assuming it will function reliably in the weapon you have; many .25s are functional only with FMJs. Many of the .25 autos are cheaply made and highly unreliable; they were the definition of a "saturday night special" back when that term was popular. The only .25 currently made that I would trust to function properly is the Beretta Mod 21, though you are still stuck with a very underpowered round.
  10. shooter

shooter New Member

ive always heard if you wanted to piss someone off..shoot 'em with a .25 :D
  11. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Say what you want about the .25 ACP, but for decades it was the best selling auto pistol caliber in the USA. Most .25 owners are not gun people. They carry their little pistols only occasionally. For these folks the .25 is fine.
  12. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

FIE was one of those manufacturers who's products fit the classic category, "Saturday Night Specials", which were dubious at best.

I had, and would like to have another in pristine condition if I could find one and afford it, a "Baby" Browning. The one I had was lost with others in a break-in back in the early 90s. It shot well, very accurate, and certainly fit the category as a concealable weapon. I carried it for years as a final back-up, before I had the stubby on my ankle. Even back then, I always loaded it with the best ammo I could find that was of hollow point expandable design.

It makes a nice plinker, too.
  13. I can't really disagree with you on that, Steve. The .25, while it definitely has its faults, it does have a place in the scheme of things, which is why it still remains somewhat popular. I even own one myself--a Beretta Mod 21--and have carried on the rare occasions when I simply could not hide a larger and more effective handgun. At very close range, and with multiple hits, the cartridge will get the job done.