OK passes Bill allowing Suppressors for hunting

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by cpttango30, Jun 4, 2012.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I can't believe no one has anything to say about this.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't see how it will help. Silencers were never "motorized bandit/bank robber" stuff. If anything, the Bonnie and Clydes and the Dillingers WANTED people to hear them. Walk into the bank and shoot up in the air and scare the hell out of people, to get them to not resist.

Silencers were put on because it was the depression, nobody had money for food, and they were being used to poach.

They've been legal to hunt with in Arkansas for a long time. Still on the NFA list. Make 'em legal to hunt with in all 50 states, and they will STILL BE ON THE NFA LIST.
  6. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I live here in Oklahoma and I'm glad it passed for those that want to pay the extra tax and have the ATF up your butt. It's just not important enough to me to go to the trouble. The varmint guys will like it because they can shoot more dogs without scaring off the others.
  7. 883n

883n Former Guest

One of my friends was trying to push for people to talk to their Senators and Reps about a silencer bill in Minnesota. He was met with some hostility when he suggested that talking to them was better than hoping something good would happen. Not everyone is a fan of silencers in this country.