Ok, this is getting out of hand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GunnyGene, Dec 7, 2012.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Read all about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_round#External_links . Also some external links at the bottom of the page.

The glyphs were depicted in several ways; carved on stone stela, painted on bark (Dresden Codex), etc. It's not just one piece of carved stone. It's a concept of time, that differs considerably from the modern Gregorian concept.

There were many such calendars, created by ancient cultures and some persist today (Hindu, Chinese, Islamic, etc.). Often lunar, solar or combinations thereof.
  2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Even the Mayans of today said this is all idiocy. NASA put out a blurb on how wrong it was, including the tid bit that the Mayan calendar doesn't use leap years, so the end of the world was something like 1 year ago - we missed it.
  3. Finster

Finster New Member

I remember reading how the calender has about 7 cycles and we are almost at the end of the 4th cycle or 3rd cycle, and at the end of each cycle this planet called nibiru is suppose to come by every 3600 years or so and causes problems with earth and makes catastrophic events happen but I cant find where I read that though
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I will be on my porch weather permitting with my telescope and a large mug of hot chocolate. I gotta see this. :D
  5. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

This Nibiru nonsense is exactly that - nonsense. :lmao::crazy::banghead::lmao2:
  6. Finster

Finster New Member

I also remember something like you cant see the planet until its a day away from the end fo the world date. i really think we should be able to see this planet right now
  7. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Maybe it's gonna pop out of hyperspace :lmao2::lmao:
  8. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

:eek::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
  9. Daffyd

Daffyd Member

Nah,we're going to be fine! On September 21st, I received a fortune cookie at my favorite Chinese Restaurant, "In 3 months, good things will happen for you"! That's December 21st!

It's a good omen, right??? :)
  10. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

The planet is freaking out because the Mayans ran out of space on the stone they were carving their calendar on? There is no end to the stupidity of people. All the ones freaking out must be Dumbocrats.
  11. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

The reason the Mayan calender was not finished was the Spanish shot the guy carving it. Why would people believe this and ignore the teachings of the Bible?
  12. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

I saw a strange planet out side at night, I called NASA turns out it was just the moon I guess i should look up more. :))
  13. bustedmp

bustedmp New Member

The only thing that will happen for sure before this year is over is 12/12/12. We will never again have a numerically matched date, EVER!
  14. 2000ShadowACE

2000ShadowACE Member

So, what I'm getting from all of this is that on Dec. 22 the price of ammunition should go down, right?:confused:
  15. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Only according to the Gregorian calendar. There are others, past and present, and there will be new ones in the future. :)
  16. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's not a numerically matched date anyway because it's really 12/12/2012.

It the past we've had 1/11/11; 2/22/22; 3/3/33; 4/4/44; 5/5/55; 6/6/66; 7/7/77; 8/8/88; 9/9/99; 2/20/2000; 5/5/05; 6/6/06; 7/7/07; 8/8/08; 9/9/09; 10/10/10; 11/11/11. (Not to mention other dates over the past 2,013 years.)

Personally, I think the Earth (as we now know it), will end suddenly & unexpectedly like the Bible teaches. I think this will happen when the church goes through the rapture. After which, the antichrist will reign for several years before being taken captive for a 1000 years; then he'll be released for a short time to completely destroy the rest of the world. (After which, GOD himself will create a NEW Heaven & NEW Earth and open up ALL of creation to HIS people to enjoy for eternity.)

So, I'm not worried in the least about 12/21/12. :)

-
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  17. bustedmp

bustedmp New Member

I am not going crazy worrying about what happens when, But which of the 4 horseman is Obama?
  18. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

The only thing that worries me is the worriers. Some of these people like to create self fullfilling prophicies. Lock and load as always.
  19. pdg929

pdg929 New Member

my thing is if its gonna happen its gonna happen no ones gonna change it and for all these people preparing and wasting money on fall out shelters and space food...its the end of the world nothings gonna survive it its what it is and it will be what it will be your not going to change it
  20. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member