1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ok who out burning powder and smelling the Roses?

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by Lapua Kid, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Well it's that time of year who's out banging targets, burning powder and having a good time? Are there any that take the shooting games serious? I enjoy small groups with the 6ppc and I'll guess I'll start shooting a little skeet to get in tune for Dove shooting .I aint figured out weither that helps or hurts but i have fun anyways. Any central VA boys want to get together to bang a few . I can travel within reason. Always looking for a new groundhog hole.

Jim
  2. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Besides my usual shotgun defense drills I am involved in a C&R match using a K-31, M1 Garand and a Canadian Browning Hi-Power. Discovered my M1 needs the rear sights rebuilt, the elevation slips down to the bottom every time I fire a clip, the K-31 is shooting unbelievably good and the old 9MM makes me wish I could use my own pistols because all of a sudden I look I Never handled a handgun in my life, Heavy sigh.
  3. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Hey Old grump,
    Sure am glad you responded great to hear you are out shooting and banging targets life's to short to just set around and bitch and moan.I'm glad to see you are out and enjoying yourself.

Jim
    AKA Young Grump
  4. Mark Cline

Mark Cline New Member

there is no roses where I am hehe, but I have been to the range a couple times this year. It seems like I don't have as much of a want to get out as I once did for recreational fun.
  5. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

i still strive to get out did shoot this past Wed heat index around here was 115 a little too warm for banging targets
  6. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I love to reload and target shoot. Just wish I had a range to go to thats close to home. I have to drive 50 miles each way. Kinda hurts with this economy.
  7. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Live along the Yukon, have a 100 yard range & heavy duty T bench on back porch; like it that way. I actually have a few guns that hold tight groups until 7-8 shots; then move out. I take my time and let them cool down, shoot off and on all afternoon. I started extending a trail out to 200 yards, eventually get it cut out.

My nephew just got back from Afghan and was up for a visit and shoot some bear. Dang knees getting so bad, I'm riding 4 wheeler everywhere it seems; can't walk 4 miles no more. So I find my hunting is all access by atv or snowmachine. Riding trails & dirt roads with no traffic. We rode in 8 miles across tundra on our summit when nephew was here, no caribou yet. Once they show up, so do the wolves and see more grizz.

I use a 30-378 up above tree line for the long shots and usually don't go through much ammo with that gun. I've got to load up some more ammo for 6.8 & 338 fed for this fall. Have shot off 200 rounds of each just out and about on 4 wheeler this spring, maybe not that much; but more than I usually do. My daughter is home from school for summer, we shoot the 556's at targets quite a bit and she got a 300 lb bear last week, so enjoying the guns some. Be minus 50 in 4 months and I don't shoot much then, better enjoy it now I guess.
  8. pulltabbob

pulltabbob New Member

I have been out to three SASS matches so far in June and have one coming up in the last week of July. I shoot three times per week to keep my eye in the game. Of course that gives me reason to reload also. I do have to fix my main pistol (frame screws dropped out during ND/SD State match and I broke the transfer bar on my SxS Stoeger. Have a new one on order but don't have an ETA yet. I did take another .001 from the chambers and repolished them. All the shells should just drop out now. Going to take my '97 shotgun with me to the MN state Black Powder shoot last weekend in July.