Okay Im a grown man but....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun runner, Dec 17, 2011.

1. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

How many of you guys still play shoot em up video games? I bought a Playstation 3 a few years back that was a pretty pricey investment but I enjoyed it ever since and I been really involved in playing the best game ever in my opinion called Red Dead Redemption for the last several months and Rockstar games cant be beat. If its not the Grand Theft Auto series its games like Red Dead being my choice of picks off the shelves. The benefit of being able to play online is heaven and Im still hooked on it and I will never grow up even after turning 24 in November :D :D :D

John, from the Great State of Taxes ;)
  2. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

I have a ps3 but I don't play as much as I used to. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite game series. Don't care for the Modern Warfare series all that much, but I have played it.

Gran Turismo 5 takes up much of my gaming time, these days.
  3. geds

geds New Member

The last shoot 'em video game I played was Nintendo's duck shoot!
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Thats because almost every MW is the same
  5. trespoe

trespoe New Member

I've never been into shooter games, I prefer strategy games. Currently AGEOD's American Civil War and Paradox EUIII.

Been playing strategy games on the computer for 20+ years (started with Battles of Napoleon in the late 80's) why stop now?
  6. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever New Member

You gotta love those Grand Theft Auto games. Does someone know if there was one with a zombie apocalypse twist to it? That way you could justify some of the not so law abiding choices you make.
  7. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

More of a Zelda fan, but I love Historic WW2 shooters like Medal of Honor and the first couple Call of Duty's. Nothing wrong with the Modern Warfare series either. Those games rack up millions of sales every year for a reason. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
  8. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

You kidding? I have a gaming PC, an Xbox 360, a PS3, a Nintendo 3DS (a handheld), and I'm always looking to add to my collection. It's a hobby. Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games, definitely.

I've got over 90 hours and counting in Battlefield 3 so far, 36 and counting in The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and probably a couple hundred in Minecraft at this point.

It's not just for kids anymore. The people like me who played as kids back in the 80s and 90s are still playing today. :D

Red Dead Redemption has an expansion called Undead Nightmare. There's also Dead Rising, Dead Island, and Left 4 Dead, but they are pretty different from GTA.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  9. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption here.
  10. Juker

Juker New Member

Well, since you asked.... :D;)

I guess the last shootin' game I played was Asteroids, in the arcades of the late 70s and early 80s.

I do enjoy a good game of Scrabble, though.
  11. Stonebridge

Stonebridge New Member

i can honestly say the Cabela's Big Game Hunter is pretty awesome..using the gun makes it interesting..love Red Dead Redemption as well
  12. alex.cirabisi

alex.cirabisi New Member

i play read dead redemption, borderlands, dc universe online, army of two 40th day, black ops. and so many more.

my PSN is LTCirabisi, add me and we can rid the west of baddies :p
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  13. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

Well, I just turned 40, and most of the shoot-em-up I do currently is House of the Dead on Wii. Fun stress relief and using the gun attachment makes it a little more fun than just using the controller pad of most games.

Don't get me wrong... I enjoy a little Halo 2 on occasions too, but I really prefer playing that with someone and going head-to-head trying to take each other out. I just can't sit there long enough to play the regular game by myself... I don't enjoy it as much.
  14. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I love me some Gears of War.
  15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

I went and bought a Ps3 and a few games that are pretty fun, but I realized on Thanksgiving that it had been a year since I've played... Dunno why I don't get into it.

MMORPGs though.... I'm almost double your age and have been playing a popular role playing game for 10 years, very few breaks in playing that rarely last more than a couple weeks.
  16. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Are we related?:eek:

There's only two shoot 'em up games I've ever really enjoyed.

One was a bird shooting game at the Goldfish Tavern. Best oyster shooters in town. The other was called Tailgunner. It was a sit down arcade game. You were a tailgunner in a spacecraft, with a joystick in one hand, and a shields button in the other. Best game ever! 3 of us would break that game every time we played it. :D

Seriously, 2-3 rounds of that would leave ya wasted. I've never played a sit down game that left ya exhausted.

Juker, know of any head to head on line scrabble games? I'd love ta wipe the board with ya.:p
  17. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I played pac man a couple times about 30 yrs ago.
  18. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Guess i must be odd man out. Other than pong back in the stone age i cant remember ever playing any of these games.lmao
  19. Juker

Juker New Member

PM sent, Bob. :)
  20. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

No, its been at least 30 yrs for me too.