Oklahoma House passes bill outlawing militias and gang recruiting

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nffritos, Apr 29, 2010.

1. nffritos

nffritos Active Member

2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I'm all for getting rid of gangs and this brand of conspiracy conviction isn't a bad idea. Does the US Constitution say "authorized militia's" when they are discussed in the body and in the 2nd amendment?
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    No it doesn't, it doesn't mention illegal guns either but legislators sure see a lot of them and if they can't find them they make them.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

So one person gets to decide what is ok?:mad:

Will there be background checks? Registration fees? Firearms records?

And this from a Republican?:eek:

I'm goin' to Arizona next time. Oklahoma has lost all its respect from me.
    Then again, look where I live.:(
  5. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

It says militias can exist - but it says "well-regulated" militias. I take that to mean they can exist, but can have lots of rules governing them.

So they are calling militias "gangs?" Is this meant to put away any opposition to government?

Once again, it just seems like more people trying to twist and squeeze the Constitution into their own interpretation.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Vote him out.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Basically, that law says it is illegal to obey Federal Law in Oklahoma. Title 10 says who is a member of the militia of the states. So, if federal law says you are a member of the unorganized militia and Oklahoma law says that makes you an outlaw, what is one to do?

Makes you wonder, eh?

Pops
  8. Lee C.

Lee C. New Member

They had some big shot from oklahoma on tv last night. They where talking about whats going on in AZ and the new law they just passed about the elegals. When this guy came right out and said oklahona is given the elegals a driver license when they get in that state. It's just unreal whats going on today around this country.
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Aren't Militias organized with state charters like any other civic organization?
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Completely unconstitutional... i would imagine it would be challenged in court allmost imediately?

We do have some jerks in the local government here in oklahoma...that is for sure.

mike
    gn
  11. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Tenche Coxe: "Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.