Oklahoma Just

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shellback, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Shellback

Shellback New Member

Passed legislation I think last night that we have the right to carry our firearms in our work places, if some one knows anything about it or can find anything about it please do post it, it is a plus for us Okies..
    Tim
  2. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

10-4 sir...will start seachin net immediately...hope outlook is as you are hoping...but..I need some more data or help to do so...I mean....like.....
    OKLAHOMA....is that well ...like ..a state?...............................lol lol...
    kiddin...yeah ill look..but im sure ya know and are showin off...dont blame u ..........:)
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

:rolleyes:

Yes, there is a State called Oklahoma and then there is a territory south of Oklahoma which i have often heard called "Baja Oklahoma..." :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn
  4. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

All I find except recent (few years ago ..laws to allow locked in vehicles at work )

Bill would stop inquiries about guns

Last Update: 2/05 5:37 pm

[​IMG] Oklahoma's gun laws ranked some of the weakest in the nation.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Legislation that would bar employers from asking job applicants if they own a gun has won preliminary approval in a state House committee.

The House Judiciary Committee voted 9-2 Thursday to send the legislation by Rep. Rex Duncan of Sand Springs to the full House for a vote.

Duncan, the committee's chairman, says the measure is a response to a questionnaire that members of President Obama's transition team were required to fill out. One of the questions asked applicants to provide registration information on any guns they owned.

Duncan says he is concerned that the Obama administration will be hostile to the Second Amendment right to own firearms.

But Duncan says he does not know of any Oklahoma employer who asks similar questions.
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]©2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.[/FONT]

Add a Comment
    Add Video Comment
    (2) Comments

http://www.kjrh.com/news/state/stor...uiries-about-guns/-f-dK9C8bUasUkdIBi_PCg.cspx
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I couldn't find anything for OK, but found this for LA.

Not much bang in LA gun laws
    | Print | E-mail

By Jeremy Alford Monday, February 16, 2009
    A national advocacy group is describing Louisiana’s gun laws as “weak or non-existent.” The Brady Campaign awarded the Bayou State two out of 100 points in its annual survey of U.S. states, in which Louisiana, Kentucky and Oklahoma are tied for the bottom spot.
    The Brady Campaign is named after Jim Brady, who was partially-paralyzed from gunshot wounds during the failed assassination attempt on former President Ronald Reagan in 1981. The press briefing room in the White House was also named in his honor in 2000.
    The group’s new report suggests that most states, like Louisiana, have actually helped feed the illegal gun market and eliminate off safety measures. "Once again, the scores for most states are abysmal,” says Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign. “Most people don't realize how few laws we have on the books restricting easy access to guns. As a result, we continue to make it too easy for dangerous people to get dangerous weapons."
    Helmke says Louisiana’s score actually dropped this year, which can be directly attributed to the state’s new, so-called “take your guns to work” law. Since August, employers have been prohibited from banning guns that are kept in their employee parking lots. Act 684 from the 2008 regular session was sponsored Sen. Joe McPherson, a Democrat from Woodworth.
    The report also shows that Louisiana has no laws regarding a waiting period on all gun sales, reporting lost guns, limitations on “junk” handguns, background checks on all sales and for several other areas. To take a look at the full Louisiana scorecard.
  6. Shellback

Shellback New Member

It's nice living in a pro gun state..
    Tim