Oklahoma now will be OPEN CARRY

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by sting75ray, May 22, 2012.

1. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Good for you guys. We have a choice here in WI as well. Open carry w/o permit or concealed w/ a permit.
  3. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Balderdash! Guess by his definition, every LEO is a "suspicious person".
  4. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

yep, don't you know all bangers keep their guns right there on their hips for the world to see. Its only the law abiding citizens that hide them in their hoodies, or wherever.
  5. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Heck at my traffic accident last thursday I told the sherriff I was carrying a gun and had a permit and he didnt blink an eye alls he said was thanks for telling me.its not law here but I figured it would be a sign of respect.
  6. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I have a question. If a resident of a state that has a reciprocal concealed carry agreement with Oklahoma be allowed to open carry while visiting the state?
  7. twobit

twobit Active Member

Good question Brass Tacks. I hope someone has the answer.
  8. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

:thumbsup:

i think that is the way to do it... i know some guys who carry have the attitude that nobody has to know, even LEO, and I dont have to tell them... it has not happened yet, but i will handle a situation with LEO present just as you have...
  9. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

you don't need a permit to open carry in OK, do you? if not, then anyone within the state border should be able to open carry...
  10. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

can you say that with 100% certainty?
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    "The law, which goes into effect Nov. 1, will allow those with permits to carry firearms under the Oklahoma Self Defense Act to choose whether to conceal their weapons or carry them openly. The law previously required permit holders to conceal their firearms".

Straight from the link! You will have to have a permit to carry, open, or concealed in OK! This should apply to all concealed carry visitors to the State of OK, if that State reciprocates with OK.

From SB 1733

RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT AUTHORITY
    The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state.
    Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed or concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.
  12. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    My philosophy has always been that anyone who spent the money to buy a holster and actually uses it probably isn't the bad guy. Every gang banger crackhead idiot I've seen carrying has always had it tucked into their belt or stuffed in a pocket.
  13. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The Governor here has promised to sign an Open Carry bill into law. Just don't know when that will happen. I heard it already happened, but I just looked and it seems it's still prohibited.

Wouldn't do it anyway, just curious.