Ol' Yogi

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Country101, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I seen Yogi Yesterday morning. We have been baiting and I filled the feeder and was checking for tracks when something rustled the brush down the path they use. I stood still and waited. Then I saw brush shaking headed away from me, but within about 30 seconds a bear sticks his head out from under the fence and looks around. He saw me cause I was standing in the open. He looked around for a bit and backed out. I got back in the truck and left so he could have his breakfast. Hope hes still there on the 15. Season starts and I want a rug. That was my first bear sighting. We baited and hunted last year, but I never got to see one. The night I let a guy hunt by himself in the stand we were using he killed a nice one.
  2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I saw my first bear earlier this summer. He was eating something that someone had thrown out on the side of the dirt road I was driving down. I stopped the truck and watched him for about 15 minuted before I decided to leave. He was a large dark black bear and was really pretty. I'm about 60 miles south of ya.