1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ol' Yogi

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Country101, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I seen Yogi Yesterday morning. We have been baiting and I filled the feeder and was checking for tracks when something rustled the brush down the path they use. I stood still and waited. Then I saw brush shaking headed away from me, but within about 30 seconds a bear sticks his head out from under the fence and looks around. He saw me cause I was standing in the open. He looked around for a bit and backed out. I got back in the truck and left so he could have his breakfast. Hope hes still there on the 15. Season starts and I want a rug. That was my first bear sighting. We baited and hunted last year, but I never got to see one. The night I let a guy hunt by himself in the stand we were using he killed a nice one.
  2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I saw my first bear earlier this summer. He was eating something that someone had thrown out on the side of the dirt road I was driving down. I stopped the truck and watched him for about 15 minuted before I decided to leave. He was a large dark black bear and was really pretty. I'm about 60 miles south of ya.