1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Olbermann: Who the heck takes this guy seriously? Typical liberal rebuttal.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ponycar17, May 23, 2009.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

This week Dick Cheney gave a speech discussing the post-9/11 United States and again asked that terror interrogation memos be released which would detail high-value information gathered from those interrogations. Below is a snippet of what Cheney said concerning the memos.

All above emphasis was added by me.

From http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/05/text_of_cheneys_aei_speech.asp

Here's a transcript of what Keith Olbermann said about VP Dick Cheney's speech. Olbermann, in his second paragraph admits that he doesn't care if the memos proved with irrefutable fact the high-value information that was gained. This guy's a moron...

From http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/05/22/olbermann-calls-cheney-insane-any-terrorist

What in the world is wrong with people that they could listen to this guy's tirade, completely and utterly void of any cited evidence, and agree with him? Has our nation really sank so low as to be swayed by the rantings of someone with no offer of proof whatsoever? I notice this with a lot of liberal thinkers who spew forth talking points and never really offer evidence as to why they believe as they do. In fact, they get annoyed when I provide evidence to my stated case.

It's interesting when you watch Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity or even listen to Rush Limbaugh. They're always ready with sound bytes or video defending their position. Liberals just brute-force through arguments, offering nothing to prop up the rationale behind their belief set. This has to be why Liberal talk radio fails. There's no discussion where there are no facts to discuss.

Generally speaking, this childish behavior is the norm. It's sad! :eek:

Am I totally off base here? Do you find the same to be true?
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  2. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

Am I totally off base here? Do you find the same to be true?

You nailed it.

The hardest part of being a Conservative is, that you must reason your thoughts. You must be able to substantiate your arguments.

Libs need only read a headline, Gage their immediate feelings, then engage mouth. Then never absorb any thoughts that may prove their first reactions false.
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, what do you expect. Our "president" uses the very same tactics.
  4. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

Olbermann is the poster boy for all that is wrong today....for the direction being taken by our government, for the outrageous biases of the mainstream media, for the vicious and ubiquitous leftwing that attacks any and all who dare to disagree.
    Olbermann and his ilk wouldn't last a minute if actually put in a position of having to don a uniform and defend the right of free speech that he so callously abuses, that right of his that so many have so selflessly paid the ultimate price for.
    I would pay to see him forced to undergo military basic training (let alone actually being shot at for real!).....how long before that self-rightous smug look of his would turn into the blubbering, sobbing mass of puke that he is.
    Speaking of which (puke), that's the almost uncontrollable urge I get just saying his name, let alone seeing that contemptible mug of his
  5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I am wondering, if Mr. Olbermann would have had the same opinion if he had been trapped in the upper stories of the towers that day. Heat and smoke so intense that after an hour of that torture, real torture inflicted by murdering mostly Arabic Muslems, the victims preferred to jump rather than wait for a hoped for rescue that could not possibly have come. Questioning of anyone who had knowledge of the attack at that time could not have occured because the dots could not have been connected due to regulations forbiding contact between the people with the different pieces of the puzzle. Questioning of the man who knew would have probably produced nothing in time to stop the attack. He may have been able to hold out long enough, even from waterboarding for the attack to occur.
  6. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

Yeah....I myself have wondered how he and say, Pelosi would feel about waterboarding if a child of theirs were to be kidnapped and threatened with death, and one of the perps with knowledge of his whereabouts was caught.
    Does anybody think that they wouldn't agree that no method was out of bounds in order to save their child?
    Self-rightous hypocritical bastards.
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

sabashimon, The self-rightous hypocritical bastards would try to bring pressure to have it done. Especialy Nancy. After all she is better than us. I know because of her contempt for us on almost any subject.
  8. Stays_Crunchy

Stays_Crunchy New Member

lol, I'm not saying I agree with everything (or anything necessarily) that Keith Olbermann says, but the REAL irony here is how you guys lambast him for everything he says but give your "fair" and "balanced" Fox News "journalists" a free pass. Talk about having your blinders on. I wouldn't take anything Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, OR Keith Olbermann says at face value.

Just because their particular brand of outrageous self-rightous hypocracy happens to slant in your direction doesn't mean it's not still slanted...
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I didn't say I'd give a free pass to Hannity or O'Reilly or Glenn Beck. What they do is back up what they say with sound bytes and/or video of what they're referring to, and then assert precisely why they believe as they do to the contrary. Olbermann did nothing of the sort in this case, and it is the norm for his kind. :rolleyes:

Did you ever consider that Fox really was balanced, and the rest of the news agencies, such as CNN, MSNBC, etc, were really so far slanted to the left that they made Fox look like a slant to the right?... :confused: Let's take a look at the 'Fair and Balanced' claim by Fox News in its fullest sense... the 2008 election coverage... ;)

Below, you can find analysis of coverage from the 2008 election on two media outlets conducted by the non-partisan PEW MRC Institute. Take a close look at how Fox handled McCain and Obama as compared to MSNBC, the child of parent company and media GIANT NBC.... :eek:

[​IMG]

From http://www.journalism.org/node/13436

Does that scare you as to what you're digesting as fact on the evening news?

Maybe we all need to more critically analyze the news we're viewing?... :confused:
    :eek:
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
  10. dge479

dge479 New Member

Olberman is an assclown. It is amazing anyone watches at all.
  11. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Certainly not me. I can honestly say that the only remarks of his that I have heard were in sound bites on Levin, Hannity, Beck & Rush's shows. I have never listened to one minute of MSLSD or any of that other crap. Of course, it's easy because I don't have cable anymore, but I will soon rectify that.

He is a no talent a$$clown.
  12. Stays_Crunchy

Stays_Crunchy New Member

Let me ask you this, did you watch that particular edition of Countdown and form your own opinions before you read about it on a webpage who's motto is "Exposing & Combating Liberal Media Bias" or are you just regurgitating their article? I watch Countdown sometimes, just like I watch O'Reilly and Beck sometimes, and Olbermann does cite sources and provide soundbites.

There's a TV in the customer waiting area where I work, and it's tuned to Fox News for my entire 10+ hour shift. All day long I hear their nasty little commentaries and them conducting their biased interviews. I see the chart about the election coverage and I won't attempt dispute it at all, I'm sure it's accurate. According to the article that accompanies that chart however, Fox News' coverage of Obama was more negative than the norm. Not to the extent that MSNBC's was anti-McCain, but more than other media outlets nonetheless. Also, the regular nightly newscasts (including NBC) were more balanced overall than anything on cable, and in fact NBC led the way with positive coverage of Sarah Palin -- even moreso than Fox.

Charts and statistics aside, all I know is that for 10+ hours a day, 5+ days a week, all I hear over and over and over again is the Fox News personalities slamming everything Democrat/Liberal with the sort of pompous self-important condescending attitude that just makes you want to strangle someone. They generally provide two sides to every story: Their side and the wrong side. If that same TV was tuned to MSNBC all day, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that their gross Liberal bias would boil my blood just as hot and I'd be on here bitching about it as well. But as it is, all I have to work with is Fox News, so that's what I choose to hate on today.

And I agree with your last statement 110%... we all need to critically analyze the biased filth spewed forth from our TV's, laughingly labeled "news" once in a while.
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Actually, StaysCrunchy, I didn't read about it on Newsbusters.com. I heard the transcript elsewhere and did a Google search to find the contents. :rolleyes: It just so happened that Newsbusters had the transcript. :)

I don't need them to tell me how to interpret what Mr. Olbermann said. Read it. Everything contained in his rant is conjecture, unsupported by any fact. Phrases like "The delusional claims" or "No man, living or dead, could have passed the buck more often that than you did in 35 minutes this morning." are unsupported in what Olbermann cited in Cheney's speech. Olbermann is forcing an opinion and offering nothing for documentation. The 'tone' of his commentary is demeaning in nature. I learned about 'tone' back in 10th grade, before Google by the way... :D

So, I don't have to watch an Olbermann marathon on MSNBC to spot the intentional purely conjecture-based argument, backed by nothing. To be honest, I rarely watch Olbermann, O'Reilly or Hannity. I often hear stories on the radio and research them further when I get to a computer.

We can agree though, that the news we hear should be more thoroughly scrutinized though... :D
  14. DEADEYE1964

DEADEYE1964 New Member

I agree, the same people watch him who made it to the polls on November
    4th to vote for Hussein. He is a typical Liberal that can't accept the facts.
  15. 45nut

45nut Active Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!!