Olbermann: Who the heck takes this guy seriously? Typical liberal rebuttal.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ponycar17, May 23, 2009.

1. walien

walien Former Guest

I put about as much faith in Oberman's opinions and I do in The Weekly Standard. I wouldn't worry too much about what he says. To someone who thinks for themselves, it's not different than watching the O'Rielly factor or any other partisan quasi-newscast. The people who watch either are almost always automatically voting one way regardless. Much better things to get yourself worked up about than what is on fringe news outlets like CNBC or FoxNews.
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The Weekly Standard was also used only as a source for a transcript. In this case it was Cheney's speech transcript that they provided based on a Google search. Of course the Weekly Standard is partisan. I'm much more comfortable looking at media that is openly partisan such as the Weekly Standard or the Huffington Post than MSNBC or NBC for that matter, both of whom masquerade as legitimate news outlets but prefer to sway their audience to the left.

As far as Fox, please do analyze the above PEW chart. I think you'll find that Fox was fairly neutral to political candidates. Perception is everything. When most media outlets are so far left it's difficult to digest that Fox is actually in the middle. :(

It's sad that Conservatives have to rally around a middle-ground media outlet because they have nothing else to rally around further to the right. :rolleyes: