Old age and inventory

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by army mp, Aug 17, 2010.

1. army mp

army mp Member

About a week ago I knew I was going to a local gunshow. So had some free time thought I would look over the supplies. Good shape on everything but Large Pistol primers. Only had about 1500. Well why write it down I can remember one thing for a week. Sunday I go to the show, as usual prices are higher than the gun shops, but I think, why not just pick up the primers and save a trip to the gun store. So what did I do, bought a thousand large rifle primers. So now I am still low on large pistol primer, need to make a trip to the gun store anyway, and I now have 2500 large rifle primers. They will get used. But I sure did not need the extra 1000. Guess its time to start writing everything down.
  2. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

I'm "only" 45 and I do the same things. Kinda like the old wolf on the Bugs Bunny cartoons that had to stop and remember what he was chasing. I don't know if it is a sign of old age, or just too much crap on your mind, or maybe a combination of things; but don't feel like the lone ranger, mp.
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Welcome to codger country. It don't get better but on the bright side when you do a thorough clean up of all your goodies and find things you forgot you had from 12 years ago its like Christmas. :D
  4. red14

red14 Active Member

They only way I can remember anything is to write it down.
  5. army mp

army mp Member

Yea I got one of those Christmas presents in the spring, I was cleaning out under the bench and found two plastic coffee cans one of 9MM and one 45Acp bullets I had cast some time or another and forgotten about them, I still can’t remember when I cast them. I wonder if I could tell the wife I have all these extra LR primers and need to buy a M1A to use them up be for they go bad.
  6. ofitg

ofitg New Member

7. steve666

steve666 New Member

Welcome to the world of CRS (Can't Remember Stuff)[​IMG] the next stage is PTA (Part Time Alzheimers)[​IMG].
    [​IMG]
  8. Claude Clay

Claude Clay New Member

a short time back--it was between hot spells; there was a rainy period.
    being that i am an adventurous spirit (at least i think i remember being one)
    i picked a corner of my basement and began excavating. on day 3 i discovered floor.
    pondering if floor is all there is to life or to keep digging; the sun returned and
    i decided to risk getting some of said sunshine on my re-discovered k1911.

we went to the range

there are 3 more corners to my basement and i hope to dig them soon--soon as in before the floor section gets back filled.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Hey guys. dont feel bad, im 26 and forget with the best of them...
  10. gazzmann

gazzmann New Member

Keep forgettin' to put my zipper up, wife reminds me. I come right back and tell her i'm trollin.
    Darn forgot primers too.........
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I need two types of primers, I reloaded some .40S&W today and looked to see what kind I needed. That was 4 hours ago and I do not remember what I need right now. That sure is a sign of CRS.
  12. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I think it's a sign of age and too much to remember hand in hand!
    If I dont right it down, it's gone!
    For example, the electric meter reader stops by...I'm busy with a rifle I'm trying to get zeroed in. I'm haveing all sorts of un-due problems. He and I start start talking and we have a lengthy conversation (he told me his name) and before he went to pull out, I have to ask his name again...TOO much on my mind (I keep telling myself that anyways!) Could be age...probably, maybe...
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I do the same thing! I talk to people all the time but forget their names almost as soon as they tell me them:eek:
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I was going to post something here, but I forgot what it was!
  15. 199er

199er New Member

Same here.......................I gotta get some more 'Post It' notes!!!!