Old age or just a bad Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by army mp, Jan 26, 2010.

1. army mp

army mp Member

I knew another storm front was coming threw. So I thought I would Do a little Shooting before the weather went bad. I shoot under a pavilion next to the Barn. Nice area to shoot handguns. Well I have an old claymore bag. I can get 4 boxes of Ammo in. Put two boxes of 9MM in. forgot the 45s. So I figure One less gun to clean. Open the Range bag. Got a target. Grab the stapler. No staples in gun or Range bag. Decide. Well I need the staples may as well walk back get staples and 45 rounds. Get back to the Range. Target hung. Load up the Sig 45acp. Then Lost what hearing I had left. Forgot to put earmuffs on. Shot a few more times. With ear muffs. Ears ringing and mad at myself. To say the least not my best scores. I just gave up and came home.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Well I can only speak on my behalf, but with me I think its a bad day kind of thing, and I have them all the time, so your not alone. I was in a rush to get out and get some shooting in (as it sounds like you were also) and got my gun and ammo out, got the target out and took it up to set it up. I forgot the stapler and walked back to the house.
    Walked out to the target and out of stapels...thinking at this time I had some duct tape in my truck. Got to my truck and found the staples. So got my target up and thought I was good to go.
    By that time I needed something to drink...went back to the house and grabed a bottle of water. Finaly got off a few shots off and my time was up, had to get moving. So all that and got to shoot about 10 rounds.
    As for me, it could be an age issue and/or just a bad day, but after that I figured I'd try to be a bit more organized the next time! So I can relate to that army mp!
  3. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I'd say Old Age..... :confused:

The only bad day is

the one you don't wakeup alive to enjoy it. :D
  4. Zane71464

Have to agree with ya on that AL MOUNT!!!! Just I didnt want to admit the old age factor! :D
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

My buddy forgot all his lead once when we were going to shoot pistol competition. No stores anywhere near the range with black powder supplies either! He's only four or five years older than I am!
  6. red14

red14 Active Member

I think it's Al(Gore)zheimers. I got ready to go the range awhile back. Pulled out gun from safe, got ammunition, targets, box for used brass, staplegun, staples, towel, check on hearing protection, glasses, everything. Crammed it all in my bag. Take the 20 minute drive. Find good open spot set everything up. Go to get my gun, obviously left it on bed. AAArrrgggghhhh!!!!
  7. Zane71464

I think it's just people get in a rush some times...so with that Pinecone, I'm going to retract my old age factor!!! :eek: :D :cool:
  8. Zane71464

Now that RED......not sure what to tell ya on that one..thats just flat out not good at all!!! LOL :eek::D:(:confused:
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

They say if you forget where you put your keys that is normal, if you forget what your keys are for well ....
  10. cranky cj

cranky cj New Member

Neither, you still got to shoot.
  11. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I'm not feeling so young anymore! Ha!
  12. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Ha! I had a hunting student once (I taught women to hunt). We get out in the field for our first day of deer hunting. I've got two students with me and a hunting mentor. We get to where we are going to start climbing and get our stuff out of the truck. One student has everything she needs and is ready to go. The other student.. well, she gets out and we're making sure she has everything and she's forgotten her ammo. No one else has the right ammo for her gun. Neither John nor I have a gun she can use as we didn't draw deer tags. So she looks at us, shrugs, and says very seriously, " That's okay. I'll just make do." John and I look at each other and just crack up. I ask her, "How the heck are you going to make do? Are you going to throw the gun at the deer when you see it? Club it to death with the gun? Stab it with your knife?" Funniest damn thing ever. Ha! "I'll just make do!" Hee hee! I still laugh about that.
  13. Zane71464

"JUST MAKE DO" Humm...sounds like not a case of "old age" but rather too young!!
  14. Zane71464

Welp, your only as young as you want to be IMO, but I can relate to what your saying..and yep, I feel that way sometimes too...more then I care to think about!

And RED...I was just givin ya a hard time on forgetting your gun...Ive done that before! :D
  15. red14

red14 Active Member

I forgot my ammo too, on a different day, ha.
  16. Zane71464

Heck, when I'm going out to shoot seems like there are a million things I feel like I have to take with me, just in case I might need somethin...then usually forget the most obvious! :confused:
  17. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Yep, Olde Age Wagon, commin' round the bend! Line up, ya'll!
  18. Zane71464

I think that "olde age wagon" picked my up at about 40!
  19. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Some days it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps before you get out of bed. :D
  20. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I went hunting with a 300 magnum and a box of 30-06 ammo. Sat on the stand half the morning, again half the afternoon, carried it around the rest of the day. No one knew it was unloaded but me. And I was only 20.