Old Anschutz 54 Match

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Dlester3, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Dlester3

Dlester3 New Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Hello gentlemen, I am new to the forum and hope you can help. My Dad was on the rifle team in the Army back in 1957 and 1958. He and his team were in Germany and won their competition. His team then purchased this rifle. It passed among the members of his team for a while and he eventually bought their shares(They didn't make much in the Army). It had been with him for 40 some years before he gave it to me. I have attached some photos with markings and serial number, 12819. My thought is it's a pre 1958 model. The stock appears to have been cut/whittled/mangled and can be seen in the pics. I want to get the gun back to it's original glory and show it to him before he cant see anymore. (He hasn't been able to hear for years -that's what 8 hours a day of shooting with no protection gets you) I would like to get a good age on it as well as find an original set of peep sights for it once I know exact age as well as getting the stock repaired or replaced with another original. Any thoughts on source for authentic to age peep sight set and fixing the stock issue?. Thanks for any help and advice.

Attached Files:

2. Dlester3

Dlester3 New Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Thank you for the file. After searching for hours, it looks like it is going to be hard to find a stock. The peeps I have located thanks to your help.
    It seems rather difficult to age this gun by serial number and markings. Would you agree that it is pre 1958? I probably need to verify the info---Dad's info is from memory

3. Marblekonus

Marblekonus Active Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Germany, Lower Saxony
    On his web page Anschutz shows the attached pictures to identify the age of his guns. I'm certain, it's pre 1958. On the attached pictures from Anschutz you can see the special marks. If you will know exactly the manufacturing date you can ask Anschutz, but the price for this is 150.-€

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017 at 2:43 AM
  4. Dlester3

Dlester3 New Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Again, thank you very much for the help. Considering the difficulty in locating a stock and the fact that I already found the peeps, is there any benefit to paying the $ to Anschutz to have it's age confirmed? I assume the answer is yes if I wanted to get a value on it, but I have no plans to ever sell this gun.

5. Marblekonus

Marblekonus Active Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Germany, Lower Saxony
    If you don't like to sell this gun there isn't any benefit to get the exact manufacturing date of this gun. The fee for this service from Anschutz is 150 Euro.
    I can't believe that's difficult to get a new stock for this rifle. When you look on the spare part list of Anschutz they have and you can purchase via a trader.