Old Brass frame Colt

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Gene Seward, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

My BIL was just given a Colt cap and ball five shot revolver that appears to be about a .32 caliber. It has the rear sight notch in the front of the hammer and the lever to push the ball in is a small round tube of course connected below the barrell. It has a brass backstrap and trigger guard and I think walnut grips. The address is ____ Colt in Hartford, Ct. and has the serial number of 140,@@@ on three different parts of the pistol. Can anyone tell us what we have? Thanks for all the help.
  2. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

That sounds very much like the Colt Baby Dragoon .31 caliber revolver, sometimes called the Pocket model. It was Colt's best-selling cap&ball revolver from 1849-1869.
  3. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Steve you are a gentleman and a scholar that I am sure is only exceeded by your good looks and fantastic personality. LOL Man you hit the nail on the head. I found a page with the diagram and all. You can not possibly know how much I appreciate you taking the time to anser my question. I hope that someday I might have a chance to do something equally as cool for you as what this is to me. This was my wife's great-great- grandfather's gun. Again thank you, Gene
  4. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I was so excited that I spelled answer wrong. Sorry