The Firearms Forum banner

Old brass(I think) H&R shotgun??

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  buttonhook 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok I have a harrington and richardson 12 ga. shotgun which appears to be made or plated in brass. the only marking on in that I can read are
"pat. May 1901"
and
"harrington & richardson arms co"
"worcester, mass. usa......."

and a ser. # "175827"anybody?

from reading it apears to be a model 1900 because it has the removable pin?? but I was told in might be a line gun.......?

#5 · (Edited)
thanks guys....is there anyway to know for sure? because a magnet will not stick to it. if it was just plated then the magnet would stick to it right??
if it was cut down it was done very well and filleted/rounded on the edge of the barrel. everything looks finished no rough edges or anything? if I take a picture of the end of the barrel can you tell for sure? I'm not expecting it to be worth a furtune or anything it looks neat but I would like to know about it.

and 45-70 is the only thing I've found for the bridger guns also. so I'm not so sure that what it is either but it has been mentioned. Could it have been a shoulder fired flare gun or so sort? I'm not sure what the use of the brass would be if not for marine use? there are no marking that tell me what gauge or caliber it should shoot???? but I know it will fire 12 gauge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.