Old buvar scope and mounts for an FN.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tj3006, Mar 10, 2006.

1. tj3006

tj3006 New Member

Greetings, this is my 1st post on this forum.
    I recently Bought a beautifull FN supreem in .270 win.
    The rifle has a date stamped on the barel of 1952.
    It is one of the niceest factory rifles I have ever fired.
    It came with a Bulvar 2.5X8 scope in Baush & lomb mounts that have all the windage and elevation adjustments in the mounts. The rear base ataches to the factory drilled peep site holes in the side.
    I took the rifle to the range and tested it last sunday , and all works good.
    Using factory ammo,(YUK) I got some very promising groups.
    I think I got a hell of a deal at 625.00, even though i am really a Model 70 guy and I don't know my FNs real well, I do know fine quality checkering and a nice example the Bolt action rifle. I love it. Any Idea,s on someone who might want the scope and mounts and if they might be worth 75.00 or so? ? and do you agree I got a good deal,, its in at least 90% condition probably 98%...tj3006
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  2. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

That's a fixed reticle scope, right?? And the mounts have Frankenstein screws on the side to run the lang and fore of the adjustment when setting the POI? If that be the case I would love to hear more about it. I've a thing for Bulvar; they tickle my nose.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi TJ.....welcome to TFF.

I don't know about the value of the scope, but you didn't get hurt on the rifle. According to the Standard Catalog of Firearms, the value of an FN Supreme is:

Exc. - $800
    V.G. - $650
    Good -$500

That's for the basic rifle. The scope & mount would be extra, but I don't know how much.