Old Chainsaw advice...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Sep 17, 2012.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Funny, Josh, an Amish guy with a website! LOL

Kinda like the Continental Pilot my other buddy and I shoot P-dogs with in SD who grew up a Mennonite...we call him a "Motorized Amishman":D:D:D

...my one buddy who is his best friend, is English, and his mom calls him a "bloody Amish Fraud.":D:D

I will check him out. BTW the "Amish" buffet in Milroy they rebuilt after the fire burned down the first one is good, but not as good as the "original...";)
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Even if you don't get them running or barely running they're kind of family keepsakes. :)
  3. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Dont know much about homelite saws. I had a homelite weedeater and the thing lasted forever. I prefer stihl when it comes to chainsaws, dad had one for over 20 years. Still uses it today and it seems like it never lost a bit of power. He cut enough wood to make about 50k bibles :D Toughest made saw I ever seen and used. Made in germany and is a high quality saw that will last forever.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I have an Echo weedwacker go sluggish on me. I tried everything I could think of and nothing. I took it up the road to a lawn place and the guy started it shut it off grabbed a pair of needle nose pliers and ripped the spark arrester out and told me dont take it to California. That was 5 years ago maybe and I havent even put a new plug in it and it runs great. A little heavy though.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I've never owned a Homelite chainsaw and can't give any advice. I know of a few people that still have and use the "older" models and they seem to run as good as could be expected.
    From my experiance with sawing/logging, and done my fair share of it all, I've always run Stihls. Have one in the building now that needs some carb work on it..but I've ran that saw for 39 years. Lord only knows the firewood that saw has cut and the chains it's been through. That saw has been through heck and back...then some!
  6. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Scared me, thought you were asking about my first wife!!!!!
  7. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

I own a old homelight chainsaw. A couple years ago I decide to cut some big time wood. I did fair but after fixing it 4 or 5 times I bought a new commercial Husqvarna I have not touched the old one again. The difference is AMAZING.
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

;) I'll have to say, (my first and only wife..ex) felt, well let's just say, I felt like a STIHL saw had cut hard and deep. Took years to mend! :D
    (glad that dang saw petered out!!!)