1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

old COLT revolver value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by suprslik, Aug 6, 2006.

1. suprslik

suprslik New Member

I recently aquired an old colt 1851 revolver. 80% original finish 5" octagon barrel with "ADDRESS COL SAM L COLT NEW-YORK US AMERICA" stamped on top. "COLTS PATENT" stamped on left side below cylinder. Back strap and trigger guard are slightly tarnished brass and the #2 is stamped on left side front of trigger guard. Dark wood grips have minor scratches. serial #205836 on bottom of barrel, foward of brass trigger guard, on trigger guard, bottom of back strap, and on cylinder all match. I would like to know the value of this revolver and any info on its authenticity. Thank you!
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi suprslik.......wecome to TFF! :)

To give you an approximate value of your 1851 Navy, we'll need to know the serial # and the % of the original finish left.

As for it's authenticity, that can only be determined by a "hands-on" examination by a Colt expert.

Are you sure the barrel is 5"? Should be 7 1/2".

Also, that address should be NEW-YORK CITY or NEW-YORK U.S. AMERICA. Which is it?
  3. suprslik

suprslik New Member

Yeah the barrel is 5". Ive been looking around and being that the barrel is the size it is, it may be a model 1849 pocket revolver. but I dont know, thats why I'm asking.