Old Guns: Where Are They Now?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rhuga, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I was thinking, a lot of firearms have been manufactured over the years including Military Weapons from all over the world. Just where have they gone? Some have been confiscated and destroyed. Bur the great majority are still out there.

I do not see very many weapons in Estate Sales. Are guns the next precious thing to have? Just imagine all the various weapons that have been produced since 1900. It is mind boggling. I don't see anyone wanting to give them away, unless it is to give them from one generation to the next in a Right Of Passage..
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

I've got 'em. :D
  3. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

While in college, I worked at the local museum restoring exhibits, articulating various animal skeletons and cleaning firearms for display. All the guns on display had to be in firing condition and I got to fire lots of BP muskets from WAY back when. I also had to unload a lot of these old guns that had been loaded in battle (some had 5 rounds stacked in the bore) that was a real thrill, specially when it didn't go off!

There must be a several thousand old muskets, pistols and rifles that are not on display back in the storage part of the museum. I would wager that lots of old guns are donated to museums and gather rust and dust.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm just sellin off a hundred or so , probably buy more with the fund's

lot's about .. even here ..
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I see guns in estate sales frequently in this part of the country.

I've heard that barreled rolling block actions were used in place of rebar. Apparently the world didn't have a need for millions of surplus single shot military rifles in bizarre calibers.

Wish I had some of them though...
  6. savage170

savage170 Member

quite a few residing in my safes if my family wants them they will be passed down
  7. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

I got a few
  8. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

you would be suprised how many individuals have hundreds of firearms in their collection. not many want to admit it for security and government reasons. I know of one guy that had a secret vault accessed threw a hinged bathtub in a spare bathroom. pretty cool stuff. it was found by the investigaters when they found a missing person he had an argument with under his new concrete basketball court in the back yard.
  9. woody53pa

woody53pa New Member

Hi new here would like some help if anyone is out there I have no clue about this gun. Was given to me from a friend his father and he nichel plated it. Very nice job by them. It is a S&W top break 92057 the other # 716 can anyone give me any ifo about this gun??
    Thank You