1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Old Hopkins and Allen revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bernie8080, Apr 16, 2012.

1. bernie8080

bernie8080 New Member

I got an old Hopkins and Allen revolver at an auction yesterday and know little about it. ON the top of the barrel it says "Hopkins and Allen MFG CO Norwich Conn USA pat jan 5 oct 5 86. on the inside of the cylinder the number 3362 is printed. on the bottom of the handle 112 is printed. i, pretty sure its a 22 b/c a 22 cal bullet fits perfectly in the cylinder. Its a 7 shot. please tell me what i have and how much its worth

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Looks like it has been "cleaned" with coarse sandpaper, ruining any collector value it might have had. And not a shooter unless you load black powder, so maybe $50 to someone who wants a shadow box decorator.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The same cautions on your other thread about shooting those old guns also apply to this one. I don't know if any have sold on the auction sites but that kind of gun rarely attracts much in the way of buyers. IMHO, $50 would be optimistic.

Jim
  5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Yeah, somebody did a real number on it. I know a guy on another forum that bought a nice one off GB for 38 bucks a few months ago.