Old Imperial Knife Find

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Firpo, May 21, 2016.

1. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

You're a sick man, George.;)

The Ham Slices, that Eggs W/Ham and those nasty little chocolate covered cookies were YOUR favorites????.......:oops::oops::oops::oops: (So much for dinner tonight.) Oh yeah - those round-discs that were supposed to be a "Chocolate Candy Bar" wrapped in foil? They weren't too bad when you consider that the taste was removed to increase the shelf life by 60 or so years.o_O

You ever try LURPS? Those were good. We used to steal them from the ARVINs when ever we got the chance. The Army figured LURPs were much too good for US. Amazing what a good CH-47 Flight Engineer with a long "Sheppard's Hook" can do with a sling load of goodies destined for an ARVIN firebase at 3,000 feet at 125 knots. The main targets was always LURPs and cases of Carling Black Label beer.;)

Shooter45 and joe45c like this.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Well, I was only 9 or 10 years old when I first ate any of them and since we didn't get a lot to eat back in those days, anything was good!! I have not eaten LURPS, but have eaten many of the MRE's that they eventually turned into.

joe45c likes this.

3. quailridge

quailridge New Member

While hunting in the 1970s we camped near an area where some young people had been doing some trail work for the forest service in the summer. When they abandoned the camp the crew just dropped their issued tools, c rations, and many used condoms. We salvaged the tools and c rats. Not having been in the service I was not acquainted with field rations. I remember enjoying all the food we got and was always interested in what the next can or package might contain. I never remember encountering the dreaded ham with Liam beans. The tools are probably still in use at my hunting buddy's homes.

joe45c likes this.