1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Old Iver Johnson 22 supershot 9 shot revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by SpottailScotty, Apr 25, 2012.

1. SpottailScotty

SpottailScotty New Member

I have recently aquired my grandfathers Iver Johnson 22 supershot. I have done alittle searching online for information on this revolver but haven't had much luck. Can anyone tell me more about this gun.

It is a nine shot revolver serial number K22028. The blueing is worn around the barrel and the action isnt reliable. It will cycle several times and then will get stuck. I'm looking for any general information about the firearm, how much it may be worth (although I don't really care much about that), and where/how I may be able to get the action working properly.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum can u post picture?
  3. SpottailScotty

Silly question, but how do I upload a picture from my computer?
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  4. SpottailScotty

Nevermind, temporary lapse of insanity :) Here are some pics

Attached Files:

5. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Serial numbers K21701-K22650 were made 1941, the last year made, so yours was one of the latest.

It sounds like it might just be sticky from old dried grease or dirt, and I'd try spraying the works with Kroil or similar first. If not, then take it to a qualified gunsmith.