1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Old Iver Johnsons Arms and Cycleworks Hammerless Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bubway, Jan 6, 2011.

1. bubway

bubway New Member

Hello, I am new to the Fourm.

My question:

I have just purchased (and was researching when I located this Fourm) an Iver Johnsons Hammerless Revolver.

It reads
    (top of barrel) Iver Johnson's Arms and Cycle Works, Fitchsburg, Mass U.S.A. / patd Apr, 6 86, Feb, 15 87, May, 10 87, Dec, 26 93 Pats Pending

(bottom of handle) B 20795 (no Numbers under grips)

The Barrel is 3 in.

Seems to be small Frame

It seams to me(threw Info found on this site) it is a Small Frame Hammerless .32, 5 shot, Revolver.

Can you please let me know if this is correct and appx. age and value. Also is it safe to shoot?

Thanks
    Bubway

Attached Files:

2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the B letter code on the bottom of the butt and the four patent dates indicates this is a first model small frame 32 S&W caliber safety automatic hammerless revolver manufactured in 1896.

FIRST MODEL SAFETY AUTOMATIC HAMMERLESS REVOLVER
    (Black Powder Cartridges)--------------------1894-1896
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME VERSIONS USES HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION: Single Top Post Barrel latch, finish, grip panels same as hammer model. Two frame sizes three calibers. Calibers: small frame .22 rimfire with 7 rounds cylinder capacity, .32 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .38 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity; Standard barrel length same as hammer model; Weight: small frame with 3 inch barrel .22 rimfire 12 ½ ounces, .32 centerfire 13 ½ ounces, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 17 ¾ ounces: Height: small frame 3 ¾ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches: Frame length: small frame 4 3/16 inches, large frame 5 inches; Overall length: small frame 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 7 3/8 inches. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see. The First Model features a single top post barrel latch (release lever mounted on left side of top strap) and flat leaf hammer spring.
    VALUE: 100%=$300 60%=$155
    bill
  3. bubway

bubway New Member

Ok, Thanks for the GREAT INFO :)