Old Iver Johnsons Arms and Cycleworks Hammerless Revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bubway, Jan 6, 2011.

1. bubway

bubway New Member

Hello, I am new to the Fourm.

My question:

I have just purchased (and was researching when I located this Fourm) an Iver Johnsons Hammerless Revolver.

It reads
    (top of barrel) Iver Johnson's Arms and Cycle Works, Fitchsburg, Mass U.S.A. / patd Apr, 6 86, Feb, 15 87, May, 10 87, Dec, 26 93 Pats Pending

(bottom of handle) B 20795 (no Numbers under grips)

The Barrel is 3 in.

Seems to be small Frame

It seams to me(threw Info found on this site) it is a Small Frame Hammerless .32, 5 shot, Revolver.

Can you please let me know if this is correct and appx. age and value. Also is it safe to shoot?

Thanks
    Bubway

Attached Files:

2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the B letter code on the bottom of the butt and the four patent dates indicates this is a first model small frame 32 S&W caliber safety automatic hammerless revolver manufactured in 1896.

FIRST MODEL SAFETY AUTOMATIC HAMMERLESS REVOLVER
    (Black Powder Cartridges)--------------------1894-1896
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME VERSIONS USES HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION: Single Top Post Barrel latch, finish, grip panels same as hammer model. Two frame sizes three calibers. Calibers: small frame .22 rimfire with 7 rounds cylinder capacity, .32 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .38 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity; Standard barrel length same as hammer model; Weight: small frame with 3 inch barrel .22 rimfire 12 ½ ounces, .32 centerfire 13 ½ ounces, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 17 ¾ ounces: Height: small frame 3 ¾ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches: Frame length: small frame 4 3/16 inches, large frame 5 inches; Overall length: small frame 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 7 3/8 inches. Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see. The First Model features a single top post barrel latch (release lever mounted on left side of top strap) and flat leaf hammer spring.
    VALUE: 100%=$300 60%=$155
    bill
  3. bubway

bubway New Member

Ok, Thanks for the GREAT INFO :)