Old Near mint original Ithaca side/side value ???

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by shoodaddy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. shoodaddy

shoodaddy New Member

:rolleyes: Hi, I could use a little help with a beautiful near mint Ithaca side by side 12 gauge shotgun we are trying to determine the value of. The shotgun is near factory new except for a few handling marks on the forend. I'm not sure but it may be a Flues Model. It has stunning Skelp pattern Damascus barrels and beautiful original case colored receiver. The bores are mirror shiny, absolutely perfect. I don't think this gun was ever shot. I am pretty sure it's a Grade 1. I'll post a few pictures and perhaps you guys can help me with identification. I don't have the gun with me so I don't have the serial number at this time but I should have it in a day or two. Thanks in advance for any help, Randy - Shoodaddy[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi shoodaddy.....welcome to TFF. :)

What an absolutely beautiful shotgun!

Well, 1st off, lacking any engraving, it's either a Field or #1 Grade. Could be a Flues....but we'll need the Serial # to determine that.

Couple of questions.....does it have automatic ejectors (doesn't look like it, but can't really tell)? Does it have a beavertail forearm?

In either case, we're looking at a $900 to $1,200 shotgun here.

BTW....having a nice winter there in Rochester? I went to school (RIT) and was a cop there for a while and froze my butt off in the winter. Now I live in Minnestota and am still freezing my butt off. I guess some of of us just never learn! :D
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Xracer,

That wisdom comes with age thing isn't working for you, is it? lololololo
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Now that is a peice of artwork there.
  5. shoodaddy

shoodaddy New Member

Hi Guys, Thanks for the responses. Xracer, there is some mild engraving or stamping on the bottom of the receiver and also on the trigger guard. I don't think the gun has ejectors, just the extractors, but I'll know more in a few days. The forend is a splinter type. The gun is stunning and an absolute survivor, amazing it stayed this nice this long. The value you quoted is right about what I expected. You would think these lower grade guns would be bought to use and it's surprising this one never was. A Parker collector told me it's fairly rare to see the lower grade guns in anywhere near this condition. We are going to be selling a 10 gauge Parker from 1889 along with an L.C. Smith and Lefever Nitro, all side by sides in 12 gauge. Just trying to come up with some starting prices. I'll post the serail number for the Ithaca here once I have it. Thanks again, Shoodaddy
  6. shoodaddy

shoodaddy New Member

I didn't get the exact serial number but my buddy looked it up because the gun is now in his possession and it does fall into the serial numbers of the Flues guns. So I think we have enough info to put it up for sale this coming week. Thanks for the replies, shoodaddy