The Firearms Forum banner

old & obsolete ammo F. Y. I.

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Yosemite 
#1 · (Edited)
any one searching for obsolete ammo, may want to check this sight. if you have any others, i would appreciate them. thanks e j.
www.ammo-one.com/00.html

#4 ·
you think that's hard to find. try finding the 8x50r for the m95's chambered in it..
Thats really hard to find! Would like to have an original one someday, and the prices now are not bad because everyone is afraid to buy one because of the ammo situation. Saw a long rifle at the Reno Gun Show and it was chambered in 8x56r. Had the S on the barrel. They wanted $ 395 for it. Rarely see those.

#7 ·
Grafs has 8x56r for $31 a box, but you can occasionally find prvi for 22 ish a box if you check around on a regular basis.

#10 ·
Nice link up to the two cartrige companies, I occassionally talk to people who can not find ammo for a gun they have that waspassed down to them. I put these two companies in my address book.
Do any of you know of other companies that offer this old stuff?

A friend in New Jersey is looking for 7.7 jap ammo if any of you have some to sell.

#13 ·
Nice link up to the two cartrige companies, I occassionally talk to people who can not find ammo for a gun they have that waspassed down to them. I put these two companies in my address book.
Do any of you know of other companies that offer this old stuff?

A friend in New Jersey is looking for 7.7 jap ammo if any of you have some to sell.
gander even sells it...

#14 ·
Good sources, GAD is really interesting.

The 8 X 50R Austrian Mannlicher can be made from 7.62 X 54R and you'll need a lathe . The 8 X 50R Lebel cam be made from 348 WCF and again you'll need a lathe.

There is three, 8 X 56 I know of, one rimless and two rimmed. The M/S case is easily made from 9.3 X 57. The 8 X 56 Hungarian Mannlicher can be made from 7.62 X 54R and requires a lathe. The 8 X 56R Kropatchek, (I saw it on GAD), requires a lot of forming and perhaps some soldering or gluing to thicken the rim.

I don't much worry about availability. With a good chamber cast I can come up with something to make one from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.